episode fiftynine

wanna see a movie?

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

DUSTIN RUSHED HIS SISTER AND FRIEND INTO HIS ROOM, CLOSING THE DOOR QUICKLY

"Chrissy Cunningham?" The Henderson boy paced. "You're sure it was Chrissy?"
"Yes. She was in her cheerleading outfit." Max reminded. "Same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie."
"Did you tell all this to the cops?" Dustin sighed.
"You really think Eddie did this?" Sam crossed her arms. "No, we didn't say anything to the cops. But Max can't have been the only one to see them together."
"I mean, they stood out." The redhead nodded along.
"Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader?" Dustin muttered, turning back to the girls.
"Exactly." They both nodded along.
Max sighed. "You know, he's names not in the news yet or anything, but I guarantee Eddie is suspect number one right now."
"That's crazy!" The curly haired boy whirled to her. "Eddie didn't do this. No way." Max made an unconvinced face.
"No way!" Sam pushed.
"Well, we can't rule it out." The Mayfield girl backtracked.
"Yes, we can." Dustin paused for a second.
"Dustin!" Max tried to get him to come to his senses.
"You don't know him like I do, Max. Okay?" Dustin sighed, lowering his voice. "When we got to high school, Lucas made all his sports friends. Mike and me? I mean, no one but Sam was nice to us. Except Eddie."
"Okay, well, they said the same shit about Ted Bundy." Max shrugged. "Yeah, he's, like, a super nice guy, but then he's murdering women on the weekend."
"So you're saying Eddie is like Ted Bundy?" Dustin's eyes were wide.
"No, I'm not saying-I'm saying that we can't presume anything, okay?" Max huffed in annoyance at the argument. "But it doesn't look good for Eddie."
Dustin looked to his sister for help. "Sam?"
The blonde shrugged while chewing on the inside of her cheek. "I mean, she's not wrong." Dustin groaned, flopping down on his bed.
"But I don't think he did it. Eddie wouldn't hurt a squirrel if it stole all his bird food." The older Henderson uncrossed her arms. "But, she was found in his house and he's missing."
There was a pause, everyone in the room silent. However, suddenly, Dustin looked up to Max.
"Why haven't you told the cops this?" He pushed.
The redhead shook her head and crossed her arms. "I...don't know."
"You don't know?" The curly haired boy furrowed his eyebrows. She sighed, moving to sit next to Dustin on his bed.
Max then hesitated before pushing on. "After I saw Eddie and Chrissy go i the trailer...something else happened."
Sam rolled a chair to sit in front of them, looking at the Mayfield girl in concern. "You didn't tell me this."
"I didn't want you to worry."
"Max-" Sam sighed.
"No, no. Just listen." Max took a deep breath. "When I went back inside, I was watching TV when it started to buzz. When I went to fix it, the lights, every single one in the house, freaked out. As soon as they went back to normal, I heard Eddie scream and that's when I saw him speed out of the neighborhood."
"Holy shit." Sam leaned back in the chair, running a hand down her face.
"It's nothing that weird or anything...I mean, Eddie always drives like a maniac, and the power goes off at my place all the time. It's a piece of shit. But..." Max stared at the ground in front of her to focus, taking another breath. "This morning, I started to think back, and...I don't know. The look on his face...He was scared, guys. Really scared." She then snapped out of her story. "Maybe he was just scared because, you know, he...he just killed someone, or...maybe, uhm. Maybe be-because...I don't...I don't know, maybe..."
"Something else killed her." Dustin finished for the nervous girl. Max looked over and nodded quickly, unable to speak the words.
"But, that's impossible." The redhead tried to lighten the mood. "Right?" Both she and Dustin turned to Sam for reassurance.
Sam ran a hand through her hair. "I don't know. It should be, but after what happened the past three years, I wouldn't rule it out."
"There's only one person who knows what really happened." The curly haired boy reminded.
Max nodded. "Eddie."
A lightbulb went off in Sam's head. "You guy wanna go rent a movie?"

The trio worked fast to shove anything and everything they might need into book bags, slinging them over their shoulders as they rushed from the bedroom.
"Have you guys talked to anyone else?" Dustin questioned quietly.
"No. We couldn't find Lucas or Nancy, and Mike's in-" Max informed.
"California. Shit, shit, shit." Dustin muttered. They raced past Claudia to the door.
"Dusty, Sammy? Where are you going?" Their mother almost shrieked.
"To see a friend." Dustin opened the door and Max walked out without stopping.
"No, you heard the news. It's not safe." Claudia dismissed.
Sam urged her brother outside before her. "Wonderful point. We'll be super careful, I promise. Love you, bye."

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

ROLLING UP TO THE VIDEO STORE, DUSTIN AND MAX JUMPED OFF THEIR BIKES AS SAM KICKED HER BOARD INTO HER HANDS. The three charged inside.
"Hey, Steve?" Sam called. The boy in question turned to look and slightly relaxed at the sight of them.
"Hey, you see this?" He motioned to the TV playing the news about the body.
"How many phones do you have?" The blonde got straight to the point, leaning on the edge of the counter.
"Someone was murdered." The Harrington man reminded them.
"How many phones do you have?" Sam repeated her question slowly.
Steve and Robin shared a glance. "Two, why?"
"Uh, technically three, if you count Keith's." The Buckley girl motioned over her shoulder. The trio shared a glance.
"Yeah, three works." Max nodded. Dustin immediately yanked off his book bag as Sam rounded the counter to get to her friends working.
"What are you guys doing?" Steve asked, receiving no answer before Dustin shoved his bag over and jumped around.
"Whoa! What are you-" The Harrington teen grumbled.
"My pile!" Robin groaned.  As Dustin swung his legs over the counter, he kicked over a display.
"No, no, no! My tapes! Dude." Steve whined.
Sam ignored all of this, getting to the computer as quickly as she could and began typing away on it. Steve walked up behind her with a heavy sigh.
"What are you doing, Sam?" He tapped her shoulder repeatedly so she'd answer him.
"We're setting up base of operations." Dustin explained poorly as he moved to stand over his sisters shoulder.
"Base of operations?" Robin rolled her eyes. Max went the same way Sam did, walking next to Dustin a few seconds later.
"Stop. Get off of that." Steve ordered.
"Kinda busy here, Harrington." Sam didn't spare him a glance.
"We need it." Dustin answered for his sister, knowing she needed to focus.
"Need it for what?" The brunette man scoffed.
"To look up Eddie's friends phone numbers." Sam mumbled as she clacked on the keyboard.
"Oh, Eddie." Steve rolled his eyes with a pant of jealousy. "You're new boyfriend you think is cooler because he plays your nerdy games?"
Sam dramatically turned to him. "Yes!" She then stopped as the rest of what he said clicked. "He's not my boyfriend and I never said that."
"Seriously, you guys, maybe on a Monday you can play around in here like your toddlers, but it's Saturday." Robin jumped in quickly. "It's our biggest, busiest day. Sam, why are you encouraging this?"
"Rob, I totally get your concern, but this cannot, and I mean cannot wait till a Monday." Sam glanced back at her closest friend.
"Oh, my God." Steve ran his hands down his face.
"What, cause calling Eddie's friends in an emergency?" Robin scoffed as she continued picking up the mess Dustin made.
"Correct!" Dustin piped in for his older sister.
Steve turned to Robin. "Do you want to strangle them, or should I?"
"We can take turns!" Robin said cheerily.
Sam huffed. "Will you two fill them in so I can focus. Please?"
"Fill us in on what?" Robin and Steve turned to them expectantly. Max and Dustin shared a glance, huffing a breath as they prepared to explain their theory.

episode fiftynine
wanna see a movie?