episode fortyone

scoops troop

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

AS THE CRAZE CALMED DOWN, THE DIFFERENT GROUPS GATHERED

AS THE CRAZE CALMED DOWN, THE DIFFERENT GROUPS GATHERED. They each explained what the hell they were doing and how it connected.
"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike explained calmly.
"And it almost did." Max jumped in. "That was just a tiny piece of it."
"How big is this thing?" Hopper questioned, a protective arm wrapped around his exhausted daughter.
"It's big." Johnathan sighed, calculating the size from memory. "Thirty feet, at least."
"Yeah. It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry." Lucas winced in sympathy towards the police chief.
"Okay, so, just to be clear, this...this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic...weapon?" Steve simplified in question.
"Yes." Nancy sighed frustratedly.
"But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapons...with melted people." The Harrington teen restated again.
"Yes, exactly." The oldest Wheeler nodded along.
"Yeah, okay, yeah - I'm just making sure." Steve ran a hand through his hair.
"Are we sure this this is still out there, still alive?" Joyce asked, sitting next to El and Hopper.
"El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive." Max chewed on the inside of her cheek.
"But if we close the gate again-" Will started.
"We could cut the brain off from the body," Sam nodded along, sitting with Robin and whispering answers to questions she had.
"And kill it." Lucas finalized. "Theoretically."
"Yoo-hoo!" Murray stormed forward, waving papers around manically. "Yoo-hoo!"

"Okay, this is what Alexi called 'The Hub'." The conspiracy man pointed at the drawings. "Now, the hub takes us to the vault room."
"Okay, where's the gate?" Hopper leaned over.
"Right here." Murray pointed. "I don't know the scale on this, but I think it's fairly close to the vault room, maybe fifty feet or so"
"More like five hundred." Erica stepped up. "What, you're just gonna waltz in there like it's Commie Disneyland or something?"
"I'm sorry, who are you?" The man pushed sarcastically.
"Erica Sinclair. Who are you?"
"Murray Bauman."
"Listen, Mr. Bunman, I'm not trying to tell you how to do things, but I've been down in that shithole for twenty-four hours. And with all due respect, you do what this man tells you, you're all gonna die." Erica turned to Hopper.
"I'm sorry, why is this four year old speaking to me?" Murray waved her off.
"Uhm, I'm ten, you bald bastard!" The Sinclair girl retorted, enticing a snort of shocked laughed from Sam.
"Erica!" Lucas scolded.
"Just the facts!" She protested.
Sam stepped forward, quickly pushing the girl behind her. "No, she's right. You're all gonna die, but you don't have to." She pushed up to the table and grabbed the drawings. "May I?"
"Please." Murray nodded with a sneer. She ignored him, sitting down and yanking the pen from Dustin's vest.
"Okay, this room here? It's actually a storage facility." The blonde explained calmly, circling the room she referred to. "There's a hatch in there that feeds into their underground ventilation system. That will lead you to the base of the weapon."
"Now, it's a bit of a maze down there, but between me, Erica, and possibly Sam, we can show you the way." Dustin spoke up.
"You can show us the way?" Hopper repeated suspiciously.
"Don't worry, you can do all the fighting and the dangerous hero shit, and we'll just be your...navigators." The curly haired boy turned to Erica with a brief nod.
"No." Jim shut down. "Nope."