episode twentyone

search and rescue

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

ONCE CLASSES WERE OVER, SAM MADE IT TO THEIR RENDEZVOUS QUICKLY

"Hey, Mike!" Sam waved at the boy. "Are we showing Clark?"
Mike glanced at Will, who Sam now saw, with wide eyes.
"We have to stop them. Come on!" He began running, Will and Sam following quickly after him without hesitation.
Clanging into the deserted room, Mike panted. "Stop!"
"I'm really sorry, Mr. Clark. It was just a dumb prank." Sam covered smoothly.
"What the hell are you doing?" Dustin glanced at his sister in shock.
"We need to go." Mike panted, backing out of the room with the device held tight in his grasp.
"Mike?" Dustin sighed.
"Right now. Right now!" The Wheeler boy began running again. With no hesitation the rest of the group followed, leaving a very confused Mr. Clark behind.

Once in the Av room, the boys kicked Max out and began talking.
"Hello?" Max pounded on the door. "Can I come in yet?"
"No!" The four kids yelled back.
"I don't understand." Sam ran a hand through her hair.
"What do you not understand?" Mike questioned.
"Will saw something like looked like Dart last year?" Lucas repeated, also not comprehending what they were saying.
"Kind of. But there was no tail." Will mumbled embarrassedly.
"But then he heard it yesterday. The exact same sound." Mike told them again enthusiastically.
"Why didn't you tell us before?" Dustin glanced up, a hurt expression written across his face.
"I wasn't sure." Will chewed on the inside of his cheek.
"So it's a coincidence." Dustin suggested.
"Or not." Mike countered. "What if when Will was stuck in the Upside Down, he somehow acquired True Sight?"
"True Sight?" Sam furrowed her eyebrows, her breathing speeding up at the memories of the previous year.
"It gives you the power to see into the ethereal plane." Dustin defined.
"Elaborate." Lucas sighed, waving his hands in a circle.
"Maybe these episodes that Will keeps having aren't really flashbacks at all. Maybe they're real. Maybe Will can somehow see into the Upside Down." Mike said. Sam's palm began to ache. The place where she had cut her hand to lure the Demogorgon. It always seemed to do this when the Upside Down was mentioned.
"So that would mean..." She trailed off, her breathing picking up quicker now. She never really got over the shock of almost being mauled by a tall, slimy, faceless monster.
"Dart is from the Upside Down." Mike nodded to her.
"Sam, you okay?" Dustin placed a hand on her shoulder. She glanced at him with a small smile and nodded.
"I need some air. It's too stuffy in here." She told them as she left the room. Max looked up at her expectantly.
"Stupid boy stuff. Thought I'd come to sit with you." Sam took a deep breath as she closed the door behind her. The lock clicked swiftly.
"What's going on in there?" Max looked at her. She was sat against the wall on her board, Sam copied her.
"I don't even know." The Henderson girl shrugged. "I don't know if I want to know."
Just then a loud clanging came from inside and a collective muffled gasp from the boys. Max turned and pounded on the door again.
"Guys, come on! What's going on?" She asked again. With no answer, she slouched back down. Sam thought for a second before digging in her pocket.
"What are you-" Max began, cutting herself off when Sam held up a bobby-pin. The Mayfield girl smirked, taking the pin and turning to the handle.
As she fiddled with it, the clanging and chittering grew more frequent. Sam was starting to get worried for her boys sake. Which is why she was helping Max break in. Plus, she liked the red head girl. She carried a good vibe with her and Sam thought she should at least start to figure out what the hell was going on in this town. Especially now that she was stuck living here.
Max flung the door open right as the living booger ran out.
"What the..." She mumbled. The boys ran out, knocking the two girls down as they went.
"Where'd he go? Where is he?" Dustin began mumbling.
"What was that?" Max got up quickly.
"Dart." Mike panted.
"What?" Both girls looked at him.
"You let him escape!" Mike accused.
"I swear, I leave you for 2 seconds-" Sam groaned.
"Why did you attack him?" Dustin pointed at the Wheeler boy. He huffed and pushed away from his friend.
"Come on." Mike began to follow where the creature went.
"Don't hurt him. Don't you hurt him!" Dustin pointed at the retreating form of the dark haired boy.
Sam and Max shared a worried glance and ran different ways, looking for the creature.

After not being able to find her brother, Sam followed after Lucas, allowing him to explain what happened after she left the room. Luckily, with each boy equipped with their walkie talkies, Sam was able to keep updated with the rest of the search.
"East is clear. No sign of Dart." Mike informed them.
"West is clear, too. Will?" Dustin moved the conversation along.
"South is clear. Lucas, Sam?" Will's voice crackled. "Anything?"
The Sinclair boy didn't answer as he jumped and dramatically kicked open a classroom door. Sam had to hold back her laugh as she saw the teacher still inside.
"Excuse me! Mr. Sinclair." The woman scoffed, placing her hand on her hip as she waited for him to explain himself.
"So sorry. I was looking for study hall." Lucas stuttered, leaving the room and pulling Sam along with him.
The Henderson girl took the walkie as she giggled. "Nothing here, guys." She told them, almost to the point of tears from holding her laugh.
"Jesus, Sinclair. You're an idiot." The Henderson girl handed the walkie back. Lucas laughed sarcastically and rolled his eyes.

"Guys...I found him." Will spoke softly into the radio.
"Where?" Dustin asked immediately.
"In the bathroom. By Mr. Salerno's." The Byers boy informed.
"Copy that." Mike said. Sam and Lucas shared a glance before breaking off into a run.
By the time they got to the correct hall, Max and Mike caught up with them.
"Come on. It's down here." Mike directed.
"Let's go." Lucas agreed. The group that was together ran for the bathroom and burst through the door. When they got there, they saw Dustin, but no Dart and no Will.
"Where Dart?" Mike huffed.
"I don't know. Not here." Dustin shrugged.
"What?" Mike groaned, opening every door.
"He said by Salerno's, right?" Max tried to confirm.
"Yeah, maybe Will has him." Dustin suggested.
"Where is Will?" Sam jumped in, a worried, mother like expression on her face. He wasn't about to go missing, not again.
The group began running around every hall, but to no eval.
"Will? Will!" Sam yelled as she hurried down the halls. She was with Dustin and Max while Mike and Lucas checked outside.
"Sammy." Joyce turned the corner quickly, her eyebrows raised in worry.
"Joy." Sam sighed. "I'm so sorry I-"
"What's going on? Where's Will?" Joyce's voice was calm, but Sam could see she was on the verge of a full blown panic.
Lucas came running inside, not missing a beat. "The field." They jumped into action, rushing after the Sinclair boy.
There, in the middle of the yard, Will was standings stiffly, Mike shaking his shoulder.
"Will?" The Wheeler boy grew frantic. "I just found him like this. I think he's having another episode."
Joyce grabbed her sons shoulders, holding him tightly. "Will? Will, Will!"
Sam's hands were shaking as she grabbed Dustin's shoulder. She drew her to him protectively as the other kids shuffled closer to her.
"Sweetie, wake up. It's mom! Will!" Joyce kept trying. She glanced at Sam worriedly.
"Will, wake up!" She shook him gently. "Can you hear me?"
Sam looked at the kids, making sure she had everyone accounted for. Mike and Lucas were breathing heavily, Dustin was bouncing his foot anxiously, and Max was holding her arms close. Sam gave each of them a reassuring look, even when she herself was worried beyond belief. This had happened on her watch. How could Joyce ever forgive her?
"Please, wake up!" The Byers woman kept repeating, gently rubbing Wills cheek. "It's mom! It's me!"
Will gasped as his eyes snapped opened. Sam breathed out in relief.

Going back inside to get their things, Sam stopped Joyce when it was just the two of them.
"Joyce, I am so sorry. I never should have left him. None of this would have happened if I was there. I totally understand if you never want me around again. I'm really really sorry." The Henderson girl ranted. Joyce smiled softly, pulling the teen into a tight hug.
"It's okay, Sam." Joyce told her gently. "It's okay. I don't blame you. You did everything you could." The Byers woman then held her at arms length. "I wouldn't want anyone other than you to watch him. I trust you completely and that hasn't changed. You're like my daughter and I love you so much."
A tear fell from Sam's eye as she nodded. Joyce sighed sadly and pulled her back into a hug.
When they got outside, Joyce walked Will down the stairs and into the car. The rest of the party watched as the green car left the parking lot.
"Okay, that totally freaked me out." Max finally spoke up. "Did that not freak you out?"
"Two episodes in two days." Lucas ignored her.
"It's getting worse." Mike nodded.
"You think it's True Sight?" Lucas questioned. Mike turned swiftly and gave the boy a glare, reminding him outside ears were listening.
"What's True Sight?" Max asked genuinely.
"It's nothing." The Sinclair boy looked away, even when he wanted nothing more than to tell her everything.
"Don't worry, Max." Sam placed a hand on the girls shoulder. "We don't even know."

chapter twenty one
search and rescue