episode fifteen

demogorgon

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

LEAVING THE KIDS WAS SOMETHING SAM HATED DOING, BUT SHE WAS NEEDED ELSEWHERE

LEAVING THE KIDS WAS SOMETHING SAM HATED DOING, BUT SHE WAS NEEDED ELSEWHERE. After adamantly telling them to stay put, she jumped in Joyce's car, driving to the Byers home. Well, more like speeding down the road to the house.
When she skidded to a stop in front of the house, the two teens were unloading Johnathan's car.
"You sons of bitches!" Sam shouted as she climbed out of the drivers seat. "Why didn't you tell me?"
"Sorry." Nancy sheepishly shrugged. Sam rolled her eyes, rushing forward to help them get inside. Immediately, they started preparing.
Twisting on all the Christmas lightbulbs, nailing the bear traps down, setting a path of fuel, hammering nails into baseball bats, loading the gun, setting up a tripe wire, and lastly, the blood.
"Remember-" Johnathan started.
"Straight to Will's room." Sam nodded.
"And don't step on the trap." Nancy added.
"Wait for the yo-yo to move." Sam continued.
"Then..." Johnathan trailed off, flicking his lighter on. "Alright."
"You guys ready?" Sam glanced at both her friends.
"Ready." Nancy confirmed. They held out their hands, each holding knives in the other.
"On three." Johnathan stated.
"One," Sam started.
"Two." Johnathan continued. "You don't have to do this." He looked at Nancy's distraught face.
"Johnathan stop talking." Nancy shook her head.
"I'm just saying, you-"
"Three!" Sam cut them off, signaling it was time. Instantly, they each cut their palms.

-

Nancy and Johnathan sat on the couch, the former wrapping the
ladders hand. Sam was already bandaged, being the only one of them who could do it herself. There was a faint creak.
"Did you hear that?" Nancy glanced at Sam.
"It was probably just the wind." The Henderson teen dismissed.
"Don't worry, my mom says the lights speak when it comes." Johnathan tried to calm Nancy.
"Yeah, that's not helping Johnny." Sam chuckled.
"Speak?" Nancy repeated.
"He means they blink. They're like little alarms." The Henderson girl explained.
"Is that too tight?" Nancy glanced up and the Byers boy.
"No, no it's fine." He diffused. Sam glanced over and had to fight a smile as she saw Nancy's hand still in Johnathan's.
"Nancy?" Johnathan called, wanting her to look at him. Then, there was a frantic banging on the front door. The trio jumped.
"Johnathan? Are you there, man? It...it's Steve!" A voice came from the other side.
"Harrington?" Sam stood up, looking out the window.
"Listen, I just wanna talk!" Steve yelled again. Sam shrugged and opened the door.
"Harrington. You need to leave." She told him plainly.
"Hey...Henderson? What?" He panted.
"You need to leave." Sam repeated lowly.
"No, I'm not trying to start anything, okay?" The boy tried again.
"I don't care anymore, just leave." The blonde urged him on.
"No, no, no, listen. I messed up, okay? I messed...I messed up." Steve fought out.
"Was that as hard to say as I think it was?" Sam raised an eyebrow.
"I just...I just want to make things right, okay? Please. Pl-" He cut himself off. "The hell happened to your hand?"
"Shit. Nothing, it's nothing." Sam moved her hand.
"Hey, what's going on? Is that blood?" Steve grabbed her wrapped hand quickly, but Sam yanked it back.
"Why do you care? Just go home, okay?" Sam tried to close the door.
"Wait, was this Johnathan? Did he do this?" The Harrington teen then started to push inside.
"No, Harrington!" Sam grumbled as he barged inside. Glancing around quickly, his face fell.
"What? What the-" Steve locked eyes with Nancy.
"You need to get out of here." She told him. Johnathan walked up and grabbed his shirt, trying to push him out.
"Whoa, what is all this?" Steve fought back.
"Listen to me. I'm not asking, I'm telling you. Get outta here!" Johnathan yelled over the other teens rambling questions.
"Is that...is that gasoline?" Steve sniffed. Nancy rushed to the table, clicking the gun and holding it up.
"Steve, get out of here!" Nance yelled.
"Whoa, wait, wait, wait. What?" He shouted. "What is going on?"
"You have 5 seconds to get out of here." Nancy's voice trembled.
"Okay, is this a joke? Stop. Put the gun down." Steve held his hands up.
"I'm doing this for you." Nancy stated. The lights flickered.
"Fuck, Nancy?" Sam glanced around.
"Wait is this...What is it?" Steve continued.
"Three," Nancy counted. "Two,"
"No, no, no, no, no!" Steve yelled.
"Nancy!" Johnathan and Sam yelled. "The lights."
The girl looked around, finally noticing the warning. Johnathan dove for the bat while Sam held up her crowbar.
"It's here." Johnathan sighed.
"Wait, what's here?" Steve demanded.
"Where is it?" Nancy ignored him, getting back to back with Sam and Johnny.
"Where is what? Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Steve backed away from the bat. "Easy with that!"
"Where is it?" Sam groaned frustratingly.
"I don't know. I don't see it." Johnathan looked around.
"Where is what?" Steve tried again. "Hello? Will someone explain to me what the hell is going-" The ceiling broke and the Demogorgon crawled out. Nancy tried shooting at it, but Johnathan pulled her back, grabbing Sam's sleeve as he moved to the hallway.
"Oh, my God!" Steve yelled. As Sam ran by him, she grabbed his wrist and pulled him into motion. Running down the hall, she turned to look over her shoulder.
"Harrington, jump!" The Henderson teen warned, pointing to the bear trap.  Running into Will's room, they slammed the door.
"Jesus, Jesus! What the hell is that?" Steve pointed to the door.
"Shut up!" The trio yelled before staring at the yo-yo. Nancy held the gun out, Sam held her weapon tightly, and Johnathan had the lighter clicked on in preparation. They heard the monster purring on the other side of the door.
"What's it doing?" Nancy asked rhetorically in a whisper.
"I don't know. I don't know." Sam panted, her knuckles white from the grip she had on the crowbar. Suddenly, the lights flicked back on and staid on. The house was silent except their pants.
"Do you hear anything?" Nancy glanced and the Byers teen.
"No." He clicked the lighter off. Sam walked to the door, opening it and poking her head outside before she glanced back and shrugged. The group stepped out of the room only to find the empty hall and open trap.
"What the hell?" Sam glanced at them, the teens only shrugged. Slowly, they made their way out to the living room, but still nothing.
"This is crazy. This is crazy. This is crazy. This is crazy! This is crazy!" Steve rambled. "You are psycho. Completely and totally psycho!" He ran for the phone, dialing the police. Nancy stormed up and tossed the phone away.
"What are you doing? Are you insane?" Steve yelled.
"It's going to come back! So you need to leave." The Wheeler girl snapped. "Right...now."
Luckily, they didn't have to ask him again as he ran outside to leave the horrific situation. However, the trio was sucked back in to their mission as the lights began violently flashing again.
"Where is it?" Nancy gasped.
"Come on. Come on, you son of a bitch." Johnathan taunted it.
"You guys see it?" Sam looked around frantically.
"No. Where-" Nancy cut herself off.
"Come on. Where are you? Come on!" Sam yelled. The lights went out and it appeared behind the Byers teen.
"Johnathan!" Both girl yelled, but it was too late. The monster took down the boy, knocking the bat away from his grasp. Nancy began shooting at it, trying to distract it.
"Go to hell, you son of a bitch!" Nancy yelled. However, her gun clicked, out of bullets. Sam swung her weapon, stabbing the curve of the crowbar in its slimy flesh. She pulled her weapon back out and swung again, but it grabbed the bar and tossed it away, Sam along with it. It walked to the blonde slowly, the flaps on its face opening up to reveal rows upon rows of teeth.  Before the Demogorgon could pounce of the Henderson girl, however, the nailed bat came out of nowhere and slammed against the monster.
"Harrington!" Sam gasped, scrambling up and grabbing her weapon. Steve was able to get the Demogorgon back until it stepped in the trap.
"He's in the trap!" Steve shouted to the others. "He's stuck!"
"Johnny, now!" Sam yelled, holding her bar at the ready as the Byers teen tossed the lighter. The ground ignited immediately and the monster screeched in pain. The group covered their eyes from the brightness. Johnathan let it burn for a moment before running to get the extinguisher.
"Get back!" The Byers boy yelled before manically spraying the flames out. They all coughed and waved the smoke away from their faces, but once it all left, there was nothing. No body, no bones, nothing.
"Where'd it go?" Nancy asked.
"No way. It has to be dead. It has to be." Sam coughed out shaking her head quickly.
Suddenly, the lights on the walls began to blink on, one at a time. The group backed up, watching it intently.
"What's that?" Sam asked, even though she knew none of them would answer. The lights then started to go down the hall. The group shared a glance before following it.
Sam turned to closest friend. "Joy?"
"Definitely." The brunette teen panted.
"Find him, Joy. Please." Sam prayed. As the lights got farther and farther, the group followed them. Leaving the house, the group saw the street light flickering.
"Where's it going?" Nancy stared at the light.
"I don't think that's the monster." Johnathan shook his head.
"I have to get the kids. I've been gone too long." Sam grabbed Johnathan's jacket.

chapter fifteen
demogorgon