episode eighteen

new kids on the block

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

SAM KICKED HER BOARD TO HER HAND AS A LOUD CAR SPED TO THE PARKING LOT

SAM KICKED HER BOARD TO HER HAND AS A LOUD CAR SPED TO THE PARKING LOT. A teen with long blond hair stepped out, a cigarette on his lips. Then, a girl with bright red hair and a skateboard of her own slammed the passenger side door behind her. Sam rolled her eyes and continued walking.
"Hey there, pretty." A gruff voice said from behind her. Sam glanced over and locked eyes with the new boy.
"Hi." She stopped walking, turning her body to face him.
"I'm Billy. Billy Hargrove." He held his hand out for a shake. Sam clasped hers around it gently.
"Sam Henderson." She smiled awkwardly, all the students in the lot staring at them. Billy then raised Sam's hand to his face and placed a soft kiss to her knuckles.
"Pleasure to meet you." He smirked. Sam slid her hand from his and put it in her pocket.
"Uh, yeah...you too." She nodded softly before backing up and walking away. A very confused expression graced her usually calm features.

After English, one of Sam's favorites because Nancy and Johnathan where in it, Tina began passing out flyers for a Halloween party.
Nancy stepped out of the room first, taking a poster.
"Hey Nancy." The girl smiled kindly.
"Hey. Thanks." Nancy took the bright orange paper and read it over. "Oh, hey. Could I get another of those?"
"Yeah, sure." Tina passed over another paper. Nancy looked at it innocently before pushing it into Johnathan's chest.
"You're coming to this." The Wheeler teen told him. Sam took the paper from her friends hand.
"'Come and get sheet faced'." She read out, a laugh bubbling from her gut.
"No, I'm not." Johnathan shook his head.
"I can't let you sit all alone on Halloween. That's just not acceptable. Plus, Sam is going. Right?" Nancy looked at the girl hopefully.
"Definitely. I wouldn't miss it." Sam remarked sarcastically.
"Exactly, and I won't be alone. Me and Sam are going trick-or-treating with Will and Dustin." Johnathan glanced at Nance.
"All night?" She pointed out.
"Yeah." Johnathan sighed.
"No. No way. Your gonna be home by 8, listening to the Talking Heads and reading Vonnegut or something." Nancy predicted.
"She's not wrong, Johnny." Sam had to agree.
"Sounds like a nice night." He smiled cheekily.
"Guys, just come. Who knows, you might even meet someone." The brunette shrugged, opening her locker. Then, Steve Harrington appeared around the corner, picking Nancy up by her waist. She shrieked before laughing along with him. Sam and Johnathan shared an uncomfortable glance and walked off silently.
"Are you actually gonna go?" He asked her, and arm sliding over her shoulders.
"I might. Who knows?" She nudged him with her elbow.

-

DURING A FREE PERIOD, SAM DECIDED TO FIND HER FAVORITE PEOPLE. Once getting to the middle school courtyard, she noticed Mike, Lucas, and Will standing awkwardly in front of a trash can while Dustin dug through it.
"What the hell are you guys doing?" The blonde teen crossed her arms as she made it over to them.
"There's a new girl named Max and we think she's MadMax." Lucas explained excitedly.
"Not all of us." Mike mumbled. "Just because she skateboards doesn't mean she's MadMax."
"Girls don't play video games." Will agreed with the Wheeler kid. "Except for Sam." He then added quickly after seeing her face.
"Got it!" Dustin straightened up, unfolding a piece of paper.
"What's that?" Sam walked around them to read it.
"Max dropped it in the trash before going inside." Lucas informed her.
"Stop spying on me, creeps!" They all read aloud. Sam laughed.
"Well shit." Dustin huffed.
"Tough luck." The Henderson girl giggled. "Guess you won't be getting a girlfriend."
"William Byers?" A male voice called from behind them. They turned to see the principal. "You're mothers here."

Watching as Will walks to Joyce's car, the party sighs.
"You guys think he's okay?" Dustin asked.
"He always weird when he has to go in." Lucas countered.
"I don't know. He seemed quiet today." Mike shrugged.
"He's always quiet, Mike." Sam patted his shoulder.

-

AFTER TEN MINUTES OF STANDING OUTSIDE THE ARCADE, SAM GREW BORED.
"Still no sign?" Dustin asked, leaning on a random car.
"Jack shit." Lucas grumbled.
"Oh, damn it. My moms gonna murder me." The Henderson boy glanced at his watch.
"So go home. I'll radio if she comes." Lucas suggested innocently.
"Did you guys seriously force me to stay with you so you could continue to spy on this poor girl?" Sam crossed her arms next to them.
"Yes." Dustin glanced at her briefly. "And nice try, Lucas. You just want me outta here so you can make your move."
"Oh, cause you're such a threat." Lucas scoffed.
"That's right. She will not be able to resist these pearls." Dustin then purred. Lucas cringed.
"10 o'clock, boys." Sam leaned her arms on the car, just wanting to watch them embarrass themselves. The loud blue Camaro skidded to a halt in the parking lot. Max jumped out, faint yelled was passed between her and the driver.
"They're arguing. They're arguing!" Lucas stated. Sam and Dustin rolled their eyes.
"I see that. I don't even know why you need those." The curly haired boy motioned to the binoculars Lucas held.
"Yeah, they make you look extra stalker-y." The blonde patted his shoulder patronizingly. The car roared off, Max holding her finger up after it. She then stormed inside the arcade.
Lucas and Dustin ran up the the door causing Sam to groan and follow after them slowly. They stared at the girl through the windows for a while before sighing.
"She's amazing." Lucas looked dazed. The boys sat on the bench.
"She's...." Dustin trailed off.
"MadMax." Sam nodded, still watching the girl play. "Definitely."

chapter eighteen
new kids on the block