episode fiftyeight

the muppets

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

THE GYM GREW LOUD WITH EXCITED CHEERS QUICKLY

THE GYM GREW LOUD WITH EXCITED CHEERS QUICKLY. The small space got warmer and warmer as more people crowded in and jumped around, Sam started to regret wearing a long sleeved shirt. The players ran out as the cheerleaders chanted, shaking their pompoms loudly. The band continued their song until the abrupt end and the principal walked to the microphone in the middle of the court.
"Everyone please rise for our national anthem." He spoke into the mic loudly to get the students attention. "Singing for us tonight, we have a very special guest. All the way from Nashville, our very own Tammy Thompson!"
Sam snorted in shock, sharing a glance with Steve before looking over at Robin. Everyone grew quiet and waited for the singer to begin.
She started off badly, her tone on the wrong pitch and the microphone screeching in retaliation. Sam looked back over to Robin, slowly sliding past Steve's date to stand closer to her friend in the band.
"Told you," Steve whispered towards his co worker. "Muppet."
"Okay, she does sound like a muppet." Robin fought back a laugh.
Sam nodded along with her eyebrows raised. "You can do better."
Robin rolled her eyes before looking next to her at Vickie. She seemed startled, not expecting the red head to talk to her. Sam couldn't hear what they said, but knowing Robin she expected something bad.
When the Buckley teen turned with a worried expression, Sam sent her thumbs up in reassurance, hoping Robin would step out of her bubble and talk to the girl.
"Wow, she sounds amazing, doesn't she?" Steve's date gushed with a bright smile. Steve nodded before glanced at Sam. They shared a confused, and down right concerned, glance. No way this girl was tone def enough to think this sounded good.
Lucas glanced back at their section, probably looked for Max, but locking eyes with Sam. The Henderson girl waved with a kind, sympathetic smile, one he returned briefly.

As the game went on and on, Sam grew bored and tired. She suddenly remembered why she didn't like going to sports game. However, when a player was injured and Lucas ram onto the court, Sam jumped up to get a better view.
The Sinclair teen was doing very very well, which made Sam confused as to why they always had him warming the bench. As the game continued, the points grew closer and closer, Jason called for a time out. Sam huffed, pulling her hair up and into her hand to cool her neck down. Not only was the game getting her stress levels high, but the gymnasium was ungodly hot.
The team huddled up, talking through a game plan to win this round. Sam fanned herself, not really paying attention since Jason was taking the spotlight again. However, as the ball bounced on the rim on the basket, Lucas snatched it and dribbled away with it. Sam perked back up, standing on her top toes to see over the heads of those in front of her.
It was as if everything was moving in slow motion. With only two seconds on the clock, Lucas pivoted his foot, bracing himself as he tossed the ball. The buzzer rang out as the ball was in the air, but no one truly paid attention to it. The orange ball hit the rim of the basket, one time. Two times. It then hit the backboard and fell straight into the netting. The gym erupted into cheers, people celebrating the win with their friends. Sam jumped up, clapping with a proud smile on her face.
The team and cheerleaders rushed to their resin of winning, picking the Sinclair boy up for everyone to see. They began chanting his name and Sam yelled along with them. She then raced down the stairs, making it in front of him as he was set on the ground again. Sam smiled brightly and Lucas engulfed her into a tight hug. The blonde laughed as she hugged him back, happy he finally got the attention he deserved.
"I told you! You just had to show them how good you are." Sam pulled away, cupping his face like a proud mother. "No more bench warning for you!"
"Thank you for coming, Sammy." Lucas smiled happily.
"I wouldn't miss this for the world." The Henderson girl hugged him once more before the team rushed off for the locker room.

-

NEWS OF A BODY BEING FOUND AT THE TRAILER PARK SPREAD QUICKLY. Sam, knowing Max lived there too, grew anxious quickly. She grabbed her board and raced to the neighborhood as quickly as possible. 
The police activity was insane when her got there, causing the blonde to groan in annoyance. Sam kicked her board into her hands and slipped in between police cars till she got to Max's trailer.
Knocking on the back door to avoid being seen, Sam shook her hands out with fear.  Finally, the door swung open and Max stood in front of her, a large long sleeved shirt hanging from her slim body. As soon as Sam saw her, safe and alive, she sighed in relief and pulled the redhead into a tight hug.
"Sam? What are you doing here?" Max returned her hug despite her confusion.
"I heard about the body and got so scared." Sam pulled away, checking her face again for any injuries. "Are you okay? Nothing happened to you, right?"
"No, no I'm okay. But, Sam-" The Mayfield girl cut herself off with a shudder. "I think I know who it is."
"What? What are you talking about?" Sam held onto Max's shoulders to ground the girl from her memories. "Who was it?"
"Last night, I saw Eddie and Chrissy go in there." Max informed quietly.
"Eddie? Is he okay? Is that who it was?" Sam grew worried again.
"It's Chrissy." Max whispered very softly. Sam shuddered, her hand clasping around her mouth.
Max held the teens hands tightly. "Sammy, we have to find Dustin. Is he at home?"
"Yeah, yeah." The Henderson girl snapped out of it. "I heard about this and got here as quickly as I could. I'm sure my mom is keeping him inside."
"Okay, let me get dressed and we'll go." Max turned, holding the door open for her friend before racing to her bedroom.

episode fiftyeight
the muppets

a/n: i know this is another uneventful filler chapter, but i wanted to update. i was in a writing block for a while, as i'm sure you know, but i'm finally feeling up to posting again. i will update with a new chapter everyday until this story is over. be sure to comment what fics you want to see next and i'll do my best to make it happen. thank you so much for reading!