Part 5

Sang POV:

I calmly collect my arrowhead from the wall and pluck sock fibers off of it. I hate socks with holes! The guys suddenly surround me, patting my head and limbs and asking questions, making comments, and being altogether way too disbelieving for my minimally boosted ego. Oh well. I haven't exactly proven I'm anything other than a quivering mass of distressed damsel since they've known me, have I? I look around at all of their cherished faces and decide that sometimes, it's best to let actions speak for themselves. I blush at the attention, oh come on, I'm still me after all! and find the steel-colored eyes I was looking for. This may not be the best time to bring this up, I think to myself.

"Mr. Blackbourne, may I have a word with you? You are not in trouble, and it is not about an overly sensitive topic, but we can speak somewhere else if you have concerns about privacy," I throw his words back at him. I don't know where my sass is coming from, but the adrenaline high is still flowing through my veins. He obviously caught on to my mischief, as he slightly raises an eyebrow, and gives me his millimeter smile. Kota, North, and Dr. Sean all burst out laughing, having heard that particular phrasing earlier.

"Very well, Miss Sorenson. Let's adjourn to the kitchen." He gently  places his hand to the small of my back and gestures for me to precede him. Sitting on the stool next to the counter, I am suddenly struck with nerves, and press my finger to my lip. I see Mr. Blackbourne lace his fingers together on the counter top from the corner of my eye and just know he's watching me. I flush red, but force myself to meet his gaze. Yep. Definitely watching me. Ok, Sang. You can do this!

"I need to go see McCoy in the hospital. Ideally before he regains much strength."

"Out of the question!" he snaps.

"He is not going to give up that easily. If there is anything we should have learned about him so far is that he is tenacious. He will come after me if he thinks he can get away with it. So far, every time he's come after me, circumstances—mostly you all intervening, has stopped him. We need to end this once and for all, and I have already laid the groundwork to do it," I force out in a rush.

"Continue," he orders.

"Well, I'm going to take another page from your book and just say that you have to trust me. I'm not saying I want to go alone, though. I would really rather not, anyway." Oh, gosh. I don't even want to do this—see that disgusting creep again. I probably wouldn't put up a fight if he still says no.

"Alright, Miss Sorenson. I will be willing to accompany you to see Mr. McCoy in the morning. I believe we shall have Mr. Korba along as well," he states with a calculating gleam in his eyes.

 "Pookie, I have to head out now. I'm dropping Gabriel off on the way. Come say goodbye," Dr. Sean says from the dining room. I look at Mr. Blackbourne's eyes again and see silver swirling in their slightly dilated depths. I feel his eyes glide over me and settle on my bottom on my way out of the room. Huh. That's new.

"I don't want to leave, Trouble, but I have to check on Pam," Meanie murmurs into my neck after sweeping me into a crushing hug. I feel his heart pound against me then spike when he licks my neck. "Mine" he shudders quietly. I notice a hardened something pressing into my stomach and stiffened. He pulls his head back and smirks. "That's what you do to me, Trouble. Only you." He gives me a peck on the cheek, waves to the other guys before loping out the door and down the driveway to Sean's car.

"Well, Pookie, I better go before he changes all of my station settings. Listen to the boys, and stay out of trouble," Dr. Sean smilingly says while gathering me in for a hug. A quick peck on the lips and he's out the door too.

Much to my dismay, everyone else except Silas and Nathan soon leave after hugs, and cheek kisses. Except for Mr. Blackbourne, I think. He can check out my butt, but I don't get a hug? I internally chuckle.

"Aggele, do you want to watch a movie before bed?" Silas asks gently.

"Sure. You pick. I'm going to go get changed and wash up first."

"Probably a good idea, Peanut. You usually fall asleep halfway through movies. I mean, I wouldn't mind helping you into your pajamas, but I don't think you'd appreciate that. Yet."

My eyes fly wide, I flush beet red, and I make a hasty escape to the bathroom amidst masculine laughter. So much for my newfound gutsiness.

I manage to calm my nerves while taking care of business. After settling onto Nathan's lap sideways, I rested my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat until I fall asleep. Slight jostling woke me up enough to hear a whispered conversation.

"Si, my arm's asleep. Can you grab Peanut?" I feel Silas' arms wedge between my back and the couch, and under my butt and Nathan's legs.

"Jesus! I said Peanut, not penis!" Nathan says, jumps a little, then scoots back as far on the couch cushion as he can.

"Sorry, man. I wasn't trying to cop a feel," Silas chuckles as he lifts and carries me away. I'm sure I'm smiling as he lays me onto the bed smelling of leather and cypress. After some rustling, his ocean scent returns and blends  appealingly. Warm, muscled bodies snuggling in closely is the last thing I remember.