Part 24

Tuesday

Owen POV:

GROUP TEXT:

Kota: We're all here. Sang went inside

Me: I've found her. Watching through the cameras.

Nathan: She went to the barn really early this morning. Didn't even take a light.

Sean: So how'd that go for you following her?

Nathan: Shut up.

I laugh silently as I watch the feeds. I see several boys say something to her but she acts as if she doesn't hear. She heads for the bathroom nearest her homeroom, and what happens next has me ready to send the guys to intervene. One of the cheerleaders body-checks her into the lockers, and jams her shoulder into Sang's face. Sang's hand covers her mouth, and she cowers into the doorframe of the bathroom.

One of the last people I'd want near Miss Sorenson when the boys weren't there ends up assisting Sang by wedging between the offending cheerleader and her saying something and gesturing away from Miss Sorenson. The cheerleader cocks her head to the side, pops one hip out, and says something with a whole lot of attitude before flouncing away. Rocky turns toward Sang, leans down and lifts her face up to look at. Even from the angle of the camera, I could see her mouth was red and slightly swollen.

North and Luke come into view, and shoot Rocky an aggressive look which he returns before striding down the hallway and out of camera range.

"Holy...ship! Poor Pumpkin! And North and Luke all looking like angry cavemen jumping to conclusions! I guess I can't blame them. It would sort of look like Rocky kissed her senseless if you didn't see the whole thing," Sean mutters from over my shoulder.

I sigh, knowing that our little family drama is going to get complicated if Miss Sorenson doesn't deign talk to the boys soon. The girls in this school are scary. They're either trying to emulate Miss Sorenson, take her down, or seduce the guys. Sean and I have a small barrier between them and us because of our standings in the school, but it certainly doesn't stop the more brazen students and teachers.

I switch camera views to the classroom and see that the Taylor brothers are both looking surly, and Miss Sorenson shoots covert glances their ways at regular intervals which they ignore. Her posture slumps, and I watch as she surreptitiously wipes at her cheeks.

****

By the time Miss Sorenson's violin lesson starts, I have seen her be physically attacked by three more girls, all of which have newly lightened hair, and wear skirts with nicer tops. The cameras show that the boys that are supposed to be keeping an eye on her between classes are being delayed by persistent females. Miss Sorenson is in desperate need of cheering up. I quickly take out my phone, and with a few quick adjustments, arrange what I hope will do the job.