Part 15

Gabriel POV:

I'm dreaming. I just fucking know I am. I'm shopping, which is totally believable, but the only problem is I hear Trouble's voice belting out a song while I'm shopping for fuzzy slippers that I would never consider wearing. Seriously? Blue and black plaid? No fucking way! Trouble hates shopping expeditions, but is too fucking sweet to say anything. Her singing? Yeah, never would happen.

I must have been on the verge of being awake, because when someone kicks my foot I wake up fully to realize I wasn't losing my damn mind. Trouble really is singing. I pop up and see that Luke, and North are heading to the kitchen. Mr. B. just appears there, the sneaky fucker, and silently stands by my best bud and his brother. Sang, my favorite form or trouble, really is singing. Not only that, she's damn good. Sure, her voice is husky; it's reminiscent of old-timey singers with slightly smoky tones, but it's clear of any gravel that one would expect with that singing style. I guess I shouldn't be surprised her singing voice is so much different than her speaking voice. That beotch stepmother did everything in her power to destroy my Trouble's vocal abilities before we sent the witch away. What Sang has left it sultry. Hot. What I would imagine a bedroom voice would be.

She's doing a little jive as I reach the kitchen doorway with cooking utensils in both hands. The swaying of her hips reminds me that I need to buy that outfit I have in mind for the next time we go clubbing. Ohhhh, will we go clubbing! Then the little siren spots us ogling her like pubescent boys, and stops. She blushes some, but her eyes light up with pure joy as she fully sees us.

"Good morning, Miss Sorenson," Mr. B. says. His voice shakes, and I swear he's trying not to laugh, the fucker.

Luke POV:

 Sang's gleeful eyes, and the start of a radiant smile halt as she snaps her mouth closed. Aw, Cupcake! Don't stop! Mr. B.'s greeting seems to shake her out of her haze as she quietly responds in kind.

"You seem happy this morning, Baby," North says.

"I'm good, thank you, North," Sang says with proper manners. So cute! She rocks back and forth on her feet a couple times while biting her lip before coming to a decision. Her shoulders shift back and her spine snaps straight before she strides forward toward us at the entrance to the kitchen.

"I'm glad you're awake!" she says with forced enthusiasm. "You guys take over for a little bit while I get dressed,"  she hands the tongs and spatula off to me and Mr. B. before attempting to leave the kitchen. The lord knows we could have made more room, but aside from some minor shifting, we barely budged. She squeezed between me and Mr. B.; her backside glancing against my thigh, and from the hitch in his breathing, her chest across Mr. B.'s arm.

North POV:

That had to be intentional. She wouldn't do stuff like that unless she knew what she was doing, would she? Nah, Sang Baby doesn't play games like that; she doesn't know how. I'm already off balanced from her not only waking me to tell me her dream, but then to hear my shy, quiet Baby singing? That voice! Then for her to rub on my brother and team leader? Maybe I am dreaming.

I hear Mr. B. huff, and turn to see him clutching Baby's tongs. Luke laughs, and I see him holding the spatula. "Let's get to work!" Luke declares with exuberance that feels inappropriate for 6:30 in the morning. I turn and watch as Baby disappears into Nate's room. She comes back out a moment later with a bundle of clothes, and a shy smile before closing herself into the bathroom. Water starts rushing through the pipes shortly thereafter.

"She had another nightmare last night," I mumble. Luke, Gabe, and Mr. B. snap out of their Sang-induced staring to look at me. I gesture to the cooking food before continuing.

"It was about a bunch of kids getting hurt and her being physically unable to help," I explain.

"Ah. I expected that. I'm surprised it took this long for a dream following that theme to present itself," Mr. B. says quietly as he turns the bacon. "She seems to be working through it in a healthy manner, although we should monitor her closely for a while," he continues.

We nod, and Luke starts plating pancakes....chocolate chip pancakes! Motherfucker! I didn't even see him put any in!

"Luke!" I growl.

"What? I didn't do it!" he whines. "Sang had everything prepared already before we even woke up. You're not seriously considering depriving her of her favorite food today, are you?" he wheedles.

Of course not! my brain shouts but I only manage a grunt aloud. Luke and Gabe both laugh.

"As entertaining as this is, I have an update for the mission that Mr. Lee, Mr. Griffin, and you, Mr. Coleman are to complete today," Mr. B. says. Kota and Nathan are just wandering in the kitchen as Mr. B. says that