Part 85

Sang POV

"But Honey, Dr. Sean isn't going to care that the living room walls match the accent stripes on his bedspread!" I tell him feeling exasperated.

We've spent the morning putting bedding on all of the beds that had been delivered first thing. I had no idea it was going to happen, but Nathan did. He had sent me out to play with the cats with a stern warning to stay inside the shed until he came for me. I didn't mind, but if I had known I would have wanted to help now that I have some of my energy back. He didn't even let me bring the bedding inside that I'm currently wrestling with. It was apparently being stored in air-tight containers in one of the other outbuildings until everything could be set up. When I told him I was strong enough to carry bedding he'd set me on this mad decorating task.

I don't even know which outbuilding he'd pulled them from, I think grumpily. There is so much I have yet to explore. Every time I try to go poke around one of the guys manages to sidetrack me, and all of these indoor activities after being sick for so long are driving me crazy. Gabriel's nitpicky directions that he left for us aren't helping matters. Seriously! Who needs three pages of directions with hand-drawn pictures to set up beds?

"Just swap out throw pillows and you're done, Peanut. You said you wanted to help, now help!" Honey snips back.

"Yes, I wanted to help put the furniture together. This decorating stuff isn't really my thing," I say with a pout as I flop onto the bed I just made.

I close my eyes and let my mind drift into happier thoughts. Thoughts that include Dr. Sean staying here with me for a while. Thoughts of a sleepover with everyone present... that's if we can convince Mr. Blackbourne that he should participate again. Thoughts of the double chocolate breakfast I had talked Honey into making me this morning against North's wishes. I feel a smile spread across my face and am fully ready to drift into a dream consisting of mounds of whipped cream and chocolate syrup smothering chocolatey pancake goodness when a noise on the first floor pulls me from mentally diving back into sugar shock.

"Hello? Where are you guys?" Silas' voice echoes up the stairwell as I'm leaving the bedroom I've help set up. I can't wait to see my Superman.

"I'm here!" I call and quickly make my way down the stairs.

"Aggele mou, I missed you," Silas tells me as he lifts me into a hug.

"I've missed you too," I say as I nestle into his hug and enjoy his unique ocean scent. "Who else is here?" I ask, looking around anxiously, knowing he was supposed to be the decoy driver.

He nods toward the kitchen and I catch a glimpse of curly blonde hair before the head ducks down to view the contents of the open fridge. Dr. Sean, I think eagerly as I start to try to squirm out of Silas' arms.

Silas' grip on me tightens and I'm about to whine at him to let me go. I haven't seen Dr. Sean since the second day of his hospital stay when I got sick, and I miss him like crazy. But wait! Silas was supposed to be with Gabriel who was going to be playing decoy. He came to pick him up sometime in the night, and I slept through Gabriel's goodbye. That hair looked so real though. There's only one surefire way to find out, I think with a grin.

"I've been thinking about dying my hair red," I state loudly from within Silas' hold while he walks toward the kitchen.

Silas lets out a deep rumbling chuckle as the curly blonde hair-covered head pops back up and an angry Dr. Sean facsimile squints his eyes at me. The hair is great but the expression of horrified indignation is all my Gabriel.

"You fucking will not be coloring your damn hair, Trouble. Get that thought out of your head or I'll spank that pretty little ass of yours," Meanie shouts and stomps over.