Chapter 32

Wow even though we aren't together I never thought he'd actually get somebody else pregnant. I honestly didn't know how to feel, should I care? Should I be happy for him? Should I cry? I just stayed there to listen to what he had to say.

"No I'm not, I didn't even bust in you not once so I don't know what makes you think you pregnant by me"

"Marcus really? You acting like I'm some h*e just about to spread my legs for just anybody!!"

"First off quit yelling while my daughter upstairs sick. Second off I don't care I told you I wasn't having no baby by you"

"And why not? I'm young and I want a family. You have one already, you want us to be together then why not give me a baby?", I stood there listening and you could hear the hurt in her voice, I didn't want to hear anymore so I took a deep breath in and out and I went back into Zoey's room.

"Open your mouth and take this medicine. You don't have an option anymore", she whined but opened her mouth slowly to take it. As soon as she opened it enough I gave her the medicine making her swallow it.

"That's good can I have some more?", she said smiling.

"No you not supposed to take too much medicine and I told you it wasn't nasty. I got a different flavor for you"

"I like it. Where's daddy?"

"He's downstairs talking. I'm sure he'll be up when he's done"

"But I want him now can you go get him for me please mommy"

"Mommy is tired right now and my feet are swollen"

"I know, you getting fat mommy", I looked at her so quick.

"I am not getting fat girl do not say that"

"But you are. You're as big as a..."

"Zoey stop talking now"

"But..."

"Uh uh"

Before she could say anything Marcus walked in the room. He didn't say anything he just looked me in my eyes and shook his head like he was ashamed of something he did and sat next to Zoey.

"Daddy why you look sad?"

"I'm not sad baby girl. Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah a little. I had some good medicine. Mommy give daddy medicine he look sick too", I chuckled a little bit.

"Zoey he doesn't need to take your medicine. But I'm hungry so I'm going to order something to eat. What you want Z?"

"Nothing I'm gonna throw up again"

"You need something to go in your tummy. I'll just share with you"

"Noo"

"What?", I asked because it seems like she's begging me not to share with her.

"You eat nasty stuff. You had fish and pickles with yogurt one day. That's really nasty mommy"

"I'm sorry baby girl but okay. I'll just pick something you like. How about pizza?"

"Okay", she smiled and her dad just looked at her. I ordered the pizza and I decided to do pick up. I really want any reason to get out of this house. I rested for a little bit and Zoey eventually fell back asleep and Marcus was just watching tv. After she fell asleep he started watching ESPN and I just rubbed my belly just thinking about so much.

Staying strong is so hard. But I know I can't just do what I did when I was younger and close my door on everybody. I have to be a mother and grow but sometimes I really don't want to.