Chapter 1

**We deeply apologize the inconsistency without books , as you know life happens and things get away from you. This book is currently being edited, please excuse any confusion , misspelling and out of order events. Book 2 is next and once completed we will continue with book 3. Thank you so much for your support , please please please like , comment and stay tuned☺️😉**

DEBBIE'S POV

*Crash

"What was that?", I asked listening to something sound like glass breaking.

"Didn't I tell you to not play in here?", I heard my husband Marcus yelling at the kids while I finished cooking.

"Eeeeezzzzz", oh my gosh I hate hearing Marcus whoop the kids. It kills me because it seem like he be killing them. I turned the music up while I was cooking and then my oldest son came in.

"Hey mama"

"Hey son what happened?", I asked chopping onions and bell peppers.

"Daddy told Zoey and Zarius to stop playing in the dining room but they didn't and they broke some of your China so they getting whooped"

"Mommy!!"

"What's wrong?", Zarius and Zoeyanna ran to my legs.

"Daddy whooped us", they cried at the same time.

"I know because--"

"Mama did you bake my cookies?", Zach asked.

"Yes baby let me take them out the oven", I took them out the oven and I set them on the stove to cool off.

"Mommy I want one", Zoey said trying to reach for the ones I already baked.

"No you need to wait and if we have enough you can have some. This is for Zach and his classmates"

"But mommy I want one"

"No"

"Baby!!", I heard Marcus calling me so I went to his office downstairs to see what he wanted.

"What Marcus?", I said opening the door feeling exhausted.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Your kids is what's wrong with me. Now why'd you call me?"

"Cause I'm about to leave. I gotta go outta town tonight"

"Marcus you just got back last night why are you leaving again?"

"Are you questioning me about my business?"

"No daddy I'm sorry"

"I know you are, close that door and come here"

ZOEYANNA'S POV

"I want a cookie"

"You better not eat one or I'm telling mama", Zach said.

"Shut up loser. I can do what I want"

I reached for the cookie and all of them fell on the ground.

"Oooooohhh you gone get another whooping", Zarius said looking at me.

"No I'm not"

I tried to clean the cookies up but it was a big mess and eventually my mom came in.

"Upstairs! Now!", I ran upstairs and into my parents room.

*

After my whoopin I laid down in my moms bed and then her phone went off because she got a text. I took it off the charger and it was my aunt Kee so I FaceTime her but turned it down real low so only I could hear.

FACETIME CALL:

Kee: Wyd girl

Me: hi aunt Kee it's Zoe

Kee: hey baby wat r u doing?

Me: laying down. I got a whoopin by mommy & daddy today. I'm running away to yo house

Kee: why they hit you?!!!??

Me: becuz I want a cookie & mommy said no & I broke some glass after daddy said no playing

Kee: why would you do that boo ?? tell mommy stop hitting you

Me: becuz I wanted a cookie & daddy was leaving again. Why he always gotta leave us & I can't tell her that she gone be madder at me

Kee: tell her I said it, she won't hit you or be mad...and baby it's work I'm sorry. You can come ova here if u want

Me: okay I'm packing my bags now

Kee: I'll be there in 5

TEXT MODE OVER

I hung up the phone and I went to my room and I started packing my clothes.

DEBBIE'S POV

"Zachary'on and Zarius go get ready for bed", Marcus said coming in the kitchen , even though it's a Saturday night we still have to keep them on a schedule. Y'all know how hard it is keeping schedules , especially with 3 kids wheeew. Ugh I hate being alone with him sometimes. The boys left and Marcus came around in front of me and pulled my hair making my head fall back.

"M-Marcus the kids are upstairs and they can see you", I whispered earning a slap to my face.

"Shut up. Now lose the attitude before I do what I used to do to you"

"You said you'd never do that again", I mumbled.

"I will if I have too. Now open these legs so I can f*ck you before I go", he sat me on the counter and tried to get me to open my legs but I kept them closed.

"Don't make me drag you out of here", He growled in my ear.

"Marcus don't do this. Please don't", before he could do anything his phone rang.

He answered it and backed away from me.

"You lucky I have to go. I'll get you later though don't worry about it"

I jumped off the counter as he left and I ran upstairs to get my phone.

TEXT MODE
Kee: y yall have my baby crying?

Me: wat r u tlkn bout??

Kee: Zoe, I have her and she crying sayin she wanna runaway

Me: first of all she didn't ask if she cud leave so why'd u take her without tellin me

Kee: I had 2 & plus I saw Marcus before I left.. now wats going on?

Me: she spilt her brothers cookies and ran into my China cabinet makin my glass break

Kee: she didn't do it on purpose tho

Me: idc we told her no and to stop so her and Zarius got a whoopin

Kee: look yall need to stop beating her she not that bad

Me: I dnt beat my kids & I'm coming to get her

TEXT MODE OVER

I looked at the big scar on my thigh and it's healing well. I looked at my bruise on my stomach and the cuts in my hands knowing they all came from the man I loved. I gotta get out of this relationship for my kids. We all deserve better, but I don't think I can. And on top of that...