2. Party

Thought that I might mention some of the songs I listened to when I was writing the chapters:

Something big - Shawn Mendes

----------------------------------------------
It's been three months since school started. Thanksgiving was next week.

Shawn and I have been texting like crazy. Turns out we have a lot in common. We haven't talked about our... I don't know what to call it, to our friends. I'm pretty sure they all caught on.

Tonight the girls and I were having a sleepover at Jenna's.

"See you tomorrow." I said shutting the door to my Mom's car.

Jenna's Mom opened the door and told me go right on upstairs.

I entered her room Jessica, Mallory and Hannah were already here.

"Are you ready for tonight?" Hannah squealed.

"Yeah." I said nervously.

"You better be. This is our first high school party that is hosted by a senior." Jessica noted. "It's going to be great. Plus, the guys are going to be there especially 'you know who'." Jessica wiggled her eyebrows.

The other girls giggled. "I have no idea what you're talking about." I could feel my face heating up with that lie.

Jessica just kindly shoved my shoulder and went into Jenna's bathroom to finish getting ready.

Shawn did mention that he was going to be at the party when I told him that the others were dragging me there. I don't know why this made me nervous but, it did.

"When are we going?" I asked Jenna checking the time on my phone.

"In about 30 minutes." Jenna stated looking back at me. "Wait, you're not actually going to wear that?"

I looked down at my jeans and shirt. I did put these on for a reason. "Yeah?"

"No you're not." Jenna said going into her closet. "I have the perfect outfit."

----------------------------------------------
Shawn's POV

The party was crowded. I could barely here Jake talk about all the senior girls he wanted numbers from. Again he was just a freshman. Plus I had my sight set on one girl.

Tyler was handing me a bottle of water when she walked in the door. I mean the other girls walked in too but, McKayla took my breath away.

She was wearing a maroon long sleeve crop top and black skinny jeans. Her hair was curled and fall past her shoulders as usually.

She took a look around and met my eyes. She blushed and headed over to us with the girls in tow.

"Hey." She breathed when she came up to me face to face.

"Hey," I said back but, my mind couldn't stop looking at her. "You look.. Wow."

She tugged at the bottom of her shirt. As if wanting to make it longer. "Thanks. It wasn't my idea to come dressed like this. If I did have a choice I would've probably came in sweats."

"I'm guessing that you really didn't want to come here." I chuckled.

"You could say. At first I came because the girls wanted me to come." She turned to look at them but all our friends had left. "But, I found another reason." She looked me in the eye.

We stayed that way until she asked me why I wanted to come to this party. I decided to tell her the truth.

"You were coming."

She blushed. "Let's go." She grabbed my hand.

"Go where?" I questioned.

"Anywhere but here." she said dragging me out the door.

"So, the backyard?" I offered.

"No, away from this party. Do you really want to be here? In a party where you only care about a handful of people?"

"I guess not." I said.

"Then let's forget about them for the next 2 hours or so and just, I don't know," She smiled. "Live."

I had no idea where she was getting at but, as we reached the street she took off running. I couldn't just stand on the sidewalk look dumb. So I did what I had to do and followed her.

For some reason I don't like Jessica. I have know idea why but, I just don't. Maybe I should kill her off?

Just kidding I would never.