6. Weekend

Song:
Misterwives - Our Own House

I had to mentally keep telling myself to not call Shawn. It wasn't working because here I was holding, staring at his contact, pacing my room.

It was only 5 in the afternoon and I had else nothing to do. So, went to Jessica's house. Jessica only lived 5 houses down so it wasn't much of a walk. Her brother, who was back from college, answered the door and told me to go right on up.

"So, what's up?" I asked hopping onto her bed next to her.

"Nothing." she replied dully. She then looked over at me. "Holy crap. What happened." I told her about the lake hoping that it would help me clear my mind.

"Oh geez. That sounds rough." She said handing me a tissue. I didn't even realize I was crying. "Today's only Friday. Things will work out by Monday."

"You're right." I stated. "I feel bad about talking about me and Shawn. How are you and Tyler?"

Jessica rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at me. Her and Tyler had been having an on and off relationship for the past six months. So, I guess today was an off day.

"Boys are stupid." She said lying flat on her bed.

"Agreed." I said laying right beside her. I stared at the ceiling with her. Just then my phone buzzed. I looked down at it saw that it was from Shawn.

I didn't open it. Instead I threw my phone across the bed. I needed time to myself.

"Girls weekend?" I suggested.

"Girls weekend." Jessica agreed.

---------------------------------------------
On Saturday the girls and I decided to go to one of the senior pool parties. I had on a nice teal two piece.

The party was at Jason Steel's house which was in the richer part of our town.

We walked in and saw that everyone was laughing and having a good time. I was glad because Shawn and Guys weren't here.

It was actually a really fun time. We did flips off the diving board. People were pushing others into the pool. A lot of guys came up to us and tried to get our numbers. I was mad at Shawn, but I wasn't that low.

There was a dance party a few meters from the pool. A lot of people were dancing all over each other. Nothing much I could do about it.

"Picture!" Someone screamed. Everyone cheered. We found the source of the person that said it. The guy in front of me said I could get on his back since I was a little bit short.

I wrapped my hands around his neck and said a thanks. Just then in the distance we all looked and saw Jason being carried on a lawn chair. He was wearing what I assumed was his mom's bathrobe with a hairnet. Just as he was being launched into his pool he yelled "FOR NARNIA!" Everyone laughed. I bent down to the guys ear and said that was hilarious. He agreed looking back at me. That's when the flash went off.

"Thanks." I said hopping off his back.

"No problem. Maybe I'll see you around?" He asked.

"Yeah. Maybe." Guilt filled my stomach. I pushed it aside because I didn't even know the guy's name. Jessica then pulled me back to the pool.

----------------------------------------------

On Sunday the next day I stopped by the mall to get Melina a birthday present.

I was on my phone walking into Holister when I bumped into a guy.

"Whoops." I said. "I'm clum-" I stopped short cause I saw that it Shawn. "What are you doing here?"

"Shopping?" He answered.

"Right." I breathed. "Well, uh, I guess I'll see you around?" I wanted to get out of there.

"Yeah, I guess." He looked like he wanted to say more but, stopped short.

I then walked into the store I looked back over my shoulder and he was standing where I left him with a disappointed look on his face.

This was a really short chapter because I need to get my thoughts organized. Haha.

- A