VII | First Race

"That was unexpected," I mumble as we close the door to our room.

"Yeah," Jisoo sighs. "I'm starting to think that we may have to stay here longer than we first thought."

I'm tempted to tell her that we would be fine and that we don't need these strange people, but, I know that's likely, not true. There was something off with these races and the people who participate in them.

"Hopefully it doesn't take long for that one man to forget about us." I hear Jisoo say softly, and I can't tell if she's talking to herself or me.

"Should we stop by the apartment tomorrow then?" I ask while sitting down on my bed.

I watch as Jisoo digs through her bag for something, "Probably a good idea," she mutters, bringing out her laptop.

For a while, Jisoo sits with her laptop while I look at any random thing on my phone, but we're interrupted when someone knocks on the door.

Jisoo gestures for me to go get the door, probably because she's busy working on something for college. So, I place my phone down and go to open the door.

I expected to see DK when I open the door, but instead, I see Sana standing in the doorway. She was probably the last person I thought would be here. We've barely interacted and as far as I know, Jisoo hadn't talked with her either.

"Hello," She says, slightly waving her hand.

"Uh, hi," I reply trying to not sound confused. Part of me was worried when I first saw her at the door, but she seems too carefree to have anything concerning.

I move away from the door and she walks into the room, waving at Jisoo, who has now paused whatever she was doing on her laptop.

"Hope you two don't mind the interruption," she says, sitting down at the desk in the room.

"It's fine." Jisoo shuts off her laptop and faces Sana. "Is there a reason you're here?" She asks quizzically.

Sana smiles and spins in the office chair, "Well, I wanted to see how you two were after S.Coups' whole speech thing." She observes the two of us for a moment, "Especially with him telling you that you basically have a bounty on your head." Sana shrugs.

"Right, that," I whisper to myself.

I'm guessing that Sana either heard me or notice me making a face, "Don't worry!" She quickly blurts out. "I think you two will be fine," she says as she picks up a pen and starts to twirl it, "Monsta X will probably forget about you in a few weeks at most." Sana shrugs, "S.Coups just likes to exaggerate things," she calmly explains.

"Good to know," Jisoo lets out a half-hearted laugh.

"One last thing before I go." Sana stops spinning in the chair and puts down her pen. "Would you two like to go to a race tomorrow?" She smiles at us.

"Oh, um," I mutter, looking at Jisoo to see what she says.

I was conflicted, part of me was interested in going to the race, but I'm too scared and it's too risky to get into something like this, even just as an onlooker. At least it is for me. Not to mention I have no idea if Jisoo wants to go to a race.

"You don't have to tell me now," Sana stands up, preparing to leave the room. "You can tell me in the morning or pretty much anytime until we have to leave."

"Sounds good," I answer.

"Well then, good night."

○♠○♠○♠○♠○♠○♠○