XVIII | Start of the Storm

Once again, I was seated in the back of Mingyu's car. I hadn't planned it, and I wasn't following Sana to it; I sort of just showed up at the car, and Mingyu signaled for me to get in. Besides me, Seungkwan and Jungkook were also in the vehicle. Seungkwan in the back with me, and Jungkook in the front.

Watching which cars were being taken, I guessed that whoever was participating in the races was also driving to the party. Aside from Mingyu's, six other cars left BTS's home to drive to the party.

Pretty much everyone had decided to go tonight, and I'm pretty sure the only ones who stayed back were the ones who just didn't want to leave the house. It didn't seem like anyone was taking TXT's note very seriously, or at least they weren't showing it.

Although that didn't include S.Coups, who reluctantly decided to come in case anything "unexpected" happened.

I only have a slight idea of what the party would be like. From the outfit Sana had picked out for me, I can easily guess it wouldn't be anything incredibly fancy. Or at least not in the way I would usually consider fancy parties.

The outfit Sana had picked out for me surprisingly matched me very well. I wasn't expecting the fashionable girl's outfits to look good on me, but I can't deny that I love the clothes she had me wear.

The top was a sleeveless, silver, satin shirt; the back of the shirt was full of strands that had to be tied together. Thankfully, Sana could make each knot look elegant for me. She had decided to pair the shirt with a pair of shorts that, well, were short. Along with the clothes, she let me borrow some jewelry, a pair of thin, dangling earrings, a silver necklace with a flower pendant, and finally a ring with two stones, one bright pink and the other orange.

I had never really dressed up like this, but I was already in love with it. Getting dressed up like this was incredibly fun, and I'm already wishing that I had more opportunities to do it.

Unfortunately, outside of the racers, I didn't have any opportunities.

So far, the ride has been uneventful. Mingyu and Jungkook were casually talking with each other, Seungkwan was silently writing in a small notebook, and I was simply listening to music.

I'm only able to listen to three songs before Mingyu pulls into a busy parking lot. From the look, I can tell that the party is being held at some type of bar or club.

I had never seen so many expensive, decorated cars in one area before. Whether from the base color or the decorative designs, each vehicle was unique from the surrounding ones.

Pulling into the aisle closest to the building, I notice many empty parking spaces. Mingyu drives until he reaches a spot numbered eight.

"Why are there so many free spaces?" I ask Seungkwan as he pushes his notebook into his pocket.

"They're for the racers who made it to the top last year," he replies while getting out of the car. Also, getting out of the car, I start to walk towards the entrance with Seungkwan.

Other than spot seven, parking spots one through eight were filled with Mingyu's arrival, one of them belonging to S.Coups'.

"That's Yangyang." Seungkwan points to the number one spot.

The car was a deep red with roses decorating the sides in a lighter red. Leaning against the back of the vehicle was a cheerful boy with dyed white hair. He was gladly chatting with anyone who walked by or stopped to talk. It doesn't seem like he intends to go inside anytime soon.

"He won last year," Seungkwan says bitterly, "It was weird. He just popped up in NCT and suddenly won the Golden Rose. There are people who think-" Seungkwan pauses as we walk past the car.