XIX | Confusion

I want to look away, but I can't.

So many thoughts run through my head, turning my mind into a jumbled mess. What was he doing here? Is this what he's doing when he leaves work early? Was the reason he got stabbed connected to this? Did his stabbing have something to do with Seventeen? And the most prominent question, what the hell was he doing with Jooheon?

Thankfully, Changkyun was the only one looking at me. Jooheon was turned to the side, talking to another male I don't recognize.

A part of me was screaming at me, telling me to run and get away from here. But I can't even move my gaze away from Changkyun.

It seems to be the same for him. He was staring at me, his mouth slightly agape. I've never seen him so shocked. Even when he was bleeding out, Changkyun acted like it was something he had prepared for.

But this was obviously something he hadn't expected.

I wonder how long he had been watching me. Had he seen me with Mingyu? If he's with Jooheon, does that make Seventeen his enemy? The same people I'm now living with.

Changkyun is the first to look away, turning to Jooheon.

I feel myself start to panic. My breathing becomes uneven, and my leg starts to shake. Would Changkyun tell Jooheon I was here? When I'm defenseless?

I hate thinking so lowly of him, but I've learned never to be too trusting.

Changkyun places his hand on Jooheon's shoulder and points him in the opposite direction of me.

Stealing a glance at me over his shoulder, Changkyun mouths the word, "Leave."

After that, he continues to lead Jooheon away.

Finally, I'm able to get my body to move. I practically jump out of the bar stool and rush to find someone who might be able to take me back to the house.

I want to go back to the dance floor to find Sana and Nayeon, but that's where I saw Changkyun, and I'm not risking that.

The only other thing I know to do is to try and find Mingyu. I don't want to bother him, especially after he's helped me so much. But I don't see any other option for me.

So, I turn in the direction Mingyu walked away and hope that he won't be hard to find.

As I search the crowd for him, I feel a light tap on my shoulder, making me flinch.

"Is something wrong?" A worried Mingyu asks me.

I let out a small sigh of relief at Mingyu's presence. But it doesn't last long, as I remember why I was searching for him.

"No." I shake my head. "Can you take me back to the house?" I ask in a quiet voice, feeling horrible about the request.

I'm not sure how Mingyu hears me in the noisy room, but he quickly replies, "Of course." A worried expression on his face.

Without asking what's wrong, Mingyu starts to quickly weave through the crowd, making his way out of the building, with me closely following behind him.

Even once we're outside, Mingyu doesn't slow down. As we walk to the car, Mingyu continuously looks behind us, checking that no one is following us. As soon as I click the buckle in place, Mingyu starts driving.

I'm still unable to relax, even though we're leaving the club. The thought of Changkyun being a part of the racing was shocking. And not only that, but being friends, or maybe even being a member of Monsta X. It was all too much to process.