LV | Giving Out Secrets

"I am so ready to quit that awful job," I sigh.

Jisoo laughs. "You're getting too comfortable not paying for rent."

"Well, I'd find another job first." I roll my eyes and playfully slap her arm. "I'm not stupid." My feet hurt from the busy shift, but I still agreed to Jisoo's idea of walking home. "It's barely worth going in now. We don't even get scheduled that much."

"Yeah, because you always make us late."

"Whatever."

"Good luck getting another job."

"I'll manage." It's easy to say, but I know it'll be hard for me to get another job. No education and only one job aren't good looks on an application. And with everything going on now, I'm not sure if it's possible. "Who wouldn't want to hire me?"

"Right," Jisoo snorts. Throwing an arm over my shoulder, Jisoo pulls me close as we enter Seventeen's neighborhood. "How about I get a new job and then force them to hire you too."

"Do you think you can pull it off twice?" I laugh.

"Of course."

The sky is a combination of orange, pink, and purple, all blending in together. I rest my head on Jisoo's shoulder as we walk, pretending like the bumpiness from walking doesn't bother me.

"You know, maybe Seventeen has a job for you. Or Sana."

I nearly laugh. "You want me to work for races?"

Jisoo glances at me. "I'm serious. It could be good. We're already living with one of the gangs. You might as well make money from it."

Lifting my head, I focus on the skyline and the sinking sun. "Maybe. But what would I even do?"

Jisoo shrugs. "Help Sana or something. I'm sure there's something you could do."

"I could steal car parts." I jibe, trying to bring out a laugh from Jisoo.

She gives me a cold look, but her lips hint at a smile.

"I think I'd do a better job not getting caught than Wonwoo," I smirk.

"Y/N!" She scolds, breathing a laugh.

"Sorry."

"You better be," Jisoo shakes her head. You better stop talking about that before someone hears you," she says, pointing to Seventeen's house, which is quickly approaching.

"Okay. But I think it's a good idea."

"Great."

I quicken my steps, almost not feeling the pain in my feet at the thought of food and being home.

As we enter the driveway I notice a car parked outside the front door.

"Who's that?" I ask, squinting to try and get a better look at the car, but I don't recognize it.

"I don't know."

We share a look before quickly walking up the driveway. The car definitely isn't one I've seen before. The vehicle is a white Bugatti with black handles and details. It doesn't look like the standard race cars I'm used to seeing.

Hesitentitly, Me and Jisoo walk up the stairs and enter the house.

The foyer is empty, but a fancy black bag hangs from the coat rack, and faint voices come from the kitchen.

I can't determine what they're saying, but I immediately recognize S.Coups's voice and a woman's response.

Considering there's no way to pass the kitchen without being seen, I walk toward it, and Jisoo follows. My curiosity is killing me.