XLV | Uncovering

"Y/N!" Jisoo yells, running out of the house and drowning me in a hug. She squeezes me, and I momentarily can't breathe, but I don't push her to stop. "I was so worried." Her voice is trembling, and I can tell she's close to crying from relief.

I laugh into her shoulder and hug her back. "I wasn't even gone twelve hours." My voice gets muffled in the tight embrace.

"Where the hell were you?" She pulls back but doesn't let me go yet. Instead, Jisoo holds onto my shoulders. "Do you know how scared I was?"

Knowing Jisoo, it is easy to guess that her anxiety this morning was at an all-time high, but even to someone who knows her, it was evident on her face. Even though it's only been one morning, there are dark circles under her eyes, which are red, she's paler than usual, and there's a shakiness to her hold on me.

I hate myself for forgetting about her last night and running off on her. "I'm sorry," I say softly, re-engaging the hug.

We hold the hug for a minute, but before I let go, I whisper, "I'll explain everything, promise. But can we do it while we're alone?"

Jisoo nods. Her face is full of questioning when she pulls back.

Looking past her, I see Mingyu, DK, and Joshua waiting in the doorway. Mingyu and DK are smiling; however, Joshua appears questioning.

Apparently not ready to let go, Jisoo slings her arm around my shoulder, and we walk inside together. Usually, I would find something like this embarrassing or cringy to do in front of the member's gaze, but I can't care now. I feel safe with Jisoo now, and I know her holding on to me brings her comfort as well.

"Glad to see you're okay," DK says as we walk by. "Jisoo almost died from stress."

"Sorry. There was-" I pause. Even though I shared what happened with Mingyu, I don't want to share it with anyone other than Jisoo, and I'm hesitant about that.

"There was an emergency with their apartment," Mingyu quickly intervenes,  sending me a quick wink.

"Yeah! But I got it all figured out."

"Oh! Good!"

As we walk inside, I see another person waiting, someone who I definitely didn't expect to see. Jeonghan. He doesn't look angry. He doesn't even look confused, just complacent. When our eyes meet, he nods and then walks away.

No one else seems to notice the strange interaction, but I'm left stunned.

"Y/N!"

I turn and see Joshua, his confused expression replaced with his usual smile. "Are you hungry?"

Truthfully I wasn't. The café Mingyu took me to filled me up enough, but who am I to say no to more food? "Yeah."

Jisoo fakes coughs and subtly nods her head towards the stairs.

"Oh! Just let me, uhh, get changed and stuff."

Joshua nods. "Take your time."

The gesture seems polite enough. Joshua has always been one of the friendlier members; however, Mingyu is eyeing Joshua suspiciously behind him, and it strikes me as odd. Mingyu notices my gaze and flashes me a grin, but it's forced. Suddenly, I'm not so excited for breakfast.

Once everyone else turns into the kitchen, Jisoo speeds up, on the verge of sprinting. I almost trip on the stairs because of it.

"Calm down!" I laugh.

She does, but barely. We reach our room, and Jisoo nearly slams the door shut. "You weren't at the apartment, were you?" She says the second the door closes.