XIII | Arguments

I struggle to find Jisoo in the crowded café. There were lots of students trying to grab a drink in between classes, and others who had a free period and were spending it here to study.

Eventually, I find Jisoo sitting in one of the far corners, typing on her laptop.

Before walking over I take a deep breath, preparing myself for whatever scolding she was going to give me.

I walk over and sit down across from her. She quickly looks up at me and starts to put away her laptop. "Oh, I was worried you wouldn't show up," She remakes snarkily.

Sighing, I reply, "I'm sorry Jisoo." I look away from her, "I slept through all your calls."

"And where were you sleeping?" She harshly asks.

Staying silent for a moment, I tap my finger on the table, trying to distract from my silence.

She raises her eyes at me, silently telling me to answer.

"I went back to the apartment." I start, "I forgo-"

"What the hell!" She exclaims and we get a few confused looks from the people around us. "You left in the middle of the night to return to our apartment?" Jisoo says, lowering her tone.

"I realized I forgot something important to me, and I needed to go back to get it," I say, forcing my voice to sound confident.

Jisoo lightly scoffs, "What the fuck." She goes silent and closes her eyes for a moment. "That might be the dumbest thing you have ever done." I catch her say under her breath. Jisoo leans back into her chair and folds her arms. "Why didn't you just wait till morning?"

I click my tongue a few times out of habit, attempting to fill up time.

"You realize you could have had something horrible happen, right? Heck, you could have died Y/N!"

"Look, it was really important, and I meant to come home, but I was too tired."

"Ugh," She sighs. "I really can't tell if you're being an idiot or if you're just lying to me." She says, placing her head in her hands.

"I was careful-"

"That doesn't matter!" She loudly remarks, gaining more looks. "What if that Jooheon guy saw you and tried to do something!" She was looking at me with so much... worry? Disappointment? I can't quite tell.

"Shh!" I try to hush her. The last possible thing I wanted was for people to hear us. "Are we even sure if that's still a real problem?" I whisper, hoping that she would respond the same.

Before replying she lightly shakes her head, obviously disappointed now. "Even if it isn't, you don't test it alone in the middle of the night."

I don't respond and instead, we sit in silence.

Suddenly she opens her laptop back up. "I need to finish this before my next class. See you tonight," She monotonously comments.

I nod my head, "Okay, bye," I mutter, standing up to leave. Waiting by the table for just a second, I see if she had anything else to say, but she remains quiet.

It had been a while since me and Jisoo argued, it wasn't an often thing, but whenever it happened I always feel like a teenager being scolded by their mother. Or at least, I think that's what it's like. Although I can't be mad at Jisoo. It makes sense for her to be so worried and partially overprotective.

Once I'm far enough away from the café, I find a bench to sit on. I reach into my bag and grab the box I brought. I lightly scoff at myself. "Can't believe I actually thought that bringing this would do anything."