LX | Raising Stakes

I step out of DK's car with a yawn, stretching my hands over my head. The ride took over three hours, and I slept the entire way.

"Finally well rested?" Jisoo asks, pulling herself out of the car behind me.

"Yeah." I nod. "I haven't been getting good sleep recently."

"You should work on that," Jisoo says, giving me a friendly pat on the back before moving toward the trunk of the car, where all our luggage is.

Things have been tense after our strange fight, which I still don't understand. Although, after last night, it hasn't been as bad. But, then again, I spent most of that time asleep.

Stretching my head back, I look up at the hotel and it's many stories. It's on the outskirts of the town, thank goodness. It must have been added after I left. When I lived here, the small city never received enough visitors to warrant such a nice hotel.

"Jennie sponsors this hotel." Jeonghan walks up behind me. I turn and see his car parked two spots down, Woozi and Joshua working on grabbing the luggage. "Since the races started, most of the city has been revamped. Any new building you see is probably sponsored by someone apart of the races."

I look up at him, curious. I hadn't told Jeonghan about where I lived before moving to the big city. Worry trickles in as I realize it had to be Minghao. And if it wasn't one of them, it had to be Mingyu, but I refuse to believe it could be him—not after last night.

"Just thought you should know." Jeonghan shrugs his shoulders before leaving for his car.

The way he walks away leaves me feeling baleful. Why tell me that unless it's important? But why would it be important for me to know?

"Y/N! Come grab your suitcase."

"Sorry!" I run to the trunk and pull out my suitcase. Thankfully, I decided to pack light.

"Can we check in yet?" Seungkwan whines. I want to take a nap before the party tonight." He had tagged along with us because he apparently didn't want to drive with Hoshi or Woozi.

"You aren't even the one who had to drive," DK points out, slamming the trunk close and starting the walk to the hotel entrance.

Seungkwan rolls his eyes. "My legs are still sore, though."

DK clicks his tongue and shakes his head. "I'm going to make you drive home."

"Not happening," Seungkwan huffs.

Looking backward, DK shares a look with Jisoo, causing the two to start giggling.

I smile as they share a laugh. Jisoo could make her claims about DK, but she couldn't deny that she hadn't been this easygoing with a boy since her last boyfriend.

As we wind through the parking lot, I search for the red car with the 20 on it.

Mingyu, Dino, and S.Coups left before anyone else had woken up, as they had 'race' work to do and needed to be here early.

It probably shouldn't matter to me, but I left this morning disappointed that he hadn't told me and that I wouldn't be able to see him until late into the day.

According to the other Seventeen members, this was normal. Hoshi said that it happened every year, but only those three and Wonwoo knew what they were doing.

"I'm pretty sure Woozi got you two your own room," DK says before we pass through the spinning door.

"Lucky," Seungkwan comments as he enters first.

DK and Jisoo quickly fit into one of the spinning compartments, and I go through last.

"You guys didn't have to," Jisoo gasps once I exit the doors.