XII | Unfortunate Finds

Groaning I turn over in bed and bury my face into my pillow. I was not ready to be awake yet, especially since last night.

I realize that I need to get out of bed before it gets too late, so I force myself to sit up. Looking around the room, I notice the sun pouring through my window and that it was abnormally bright.

I reach over for my phone to check the time.

"Shit!" I rush out of bed, suddenly having enough energy.

It was already three in the afternoon and my phone was flooded with missed calls and texts from Jisoo, along with a few from Changkyun.

Opening my closet, I grab out a pair of jeans and a random t-shirt. While putting the outfit on I try to come up with an excuse to give to Jisoo.

The best excuse I can come up with is that I left something here that I desperately needed, but there wasn't anything that would fit that. And definitely nothing that would be desperate enough for me to go at such a weird time.

I sigh as I look through my closet and drawers, looking for something I could use, but I find nothing. Until I get to the bottom drawer of my desk. I pull out a small, old box. Slowly I open the box to see the silver ring decorated with a small orange stone. I quickly close the box, not wanting to look at the ring anymore.

I'm still not sure why I've kept the dumb ring, but I never was able to get myself to throw it out. Even if I dislike the dumb thing, it's the best excuse I have. So I stuff the box into a bag hanging off my door. Grabbing the bag, I prepare myself to call Jisoo while leaving the apartment.

Although before I leave, I also grab a second bag to bring a few more clothes. It didn't seem like we were gonna be leaving DK's friend's house anytime soon. Not that I completely understand why we're still staying. But, I couldn't deny the attack DK talked about yesterday, did worry me.

After locking the door behind me, I start to call Jisoo while going down the stairs. The phone rings for a minute before going to Jisoo's voicemail, saying that she was likely busy with work or at school.

Instead of leaving a voicemail, I send Jisoo a text, telling her to call me once she was done with her class.

I didn't know where to go while waiting for Jisoo. There wasn't really anything for me to do.

Might as well go back to the house and drop off the extra stuff I packed.

○♠○♠○♠○♠○♠○♠○

Exiting the taxi, I walk up to the front door and ring the doorbell, hoping that someone would be home and could let me inside.

After a few moments, one of the men, whose name I had forgotten, answers the door. I remember him as the shortest of the men, one of the ones who hadn't looked pleased to see that me and Jisoo would be staying with them.

"Uhh, hi," I say awkwardly, smally waving at the man. "Sorry if I interrupted you," I add when he doesn't say anything.

"Welcome back," He replies blankly, moving out of the doorway to let me in.

"Thanks," I mumble while walking inside.

Walking past the kitchen, I see DK, Mingyu, Jeonghan, and Joshua.

"Glad you made it back alive!" Mingyu calls as I walk by. I start to hear the other men ask Mingyu questions about what he meant, but he only chuckles and says nothing.

Quickly, I rush up the stairs to put my stuff away and to avoid any questions.

○♠○♠○♠○♠○♠○♠○