XLI | Unplanned

"Hey, wake up." A tender voice brings me consciousness. I blink at the overly bright lights of the room.

"What time is it?" I groan.

"About ten." Sana smiles at me, "We're about to leave." Behind her, Jun is standing, using crutches as support. One of his upper arms is bandaged, and there are a few bandaids on his face, but other than that, he doesn't look bad. I'm sure it's all very painful for him though. "Mingyu wants to talk to you once your up, by the way," She adds, moving to stand near her boyfriend.

"Oh, do you know why?"

"Nope. But once you're done, you can return to the house with us. Unless you want to stay with Mingyu."

 "I'll go talk to him now." I awkwardly rush out of the room, curious and nervous about why Mingyu wants me. Whatever it is, it can't be too bad. Both Jun and Sana were joyful.

Mingyu is already standing in the hallway, sitting in a chair occupied by his phone.

"Morning."

"Oh! Morning." Mingyu shuts off his phone and stands. "Just wake up?" He chuckles, and I realize I have no idea what I look like and that it's probably a mess. Curling up to sleep in a hospital chair doesn't get you the best beauty sleep.

"Yep," I say as I run my hand through my hair, trying to detangle it. "So, what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Yeah, I was going to ask if you wanted to go to breakfast with me?" Mingyu offers, looking towards the ground. "Hospital food isn't great, and it's been a stressful night, so good food might be helpful."

"That sounds nice." It wasn't what I expected, but it sounds fun, and I enjoy time with Mingyu. "What about The8?"

Looking up from the ground, Mingyu sighs, "He's still unconscious. The doctor said he'll probably stay that way until tomorrow. I'll come back once we're done, but I can drop you off." He smiles at me, although he's clearly stressed. "I need to get out of here for a little bit."

"Give me five minutes, and I'll be ready to get out of here." Mingyu nods his head and re-enters Minghao's room.

I don't have any spare clothes on me; I wasn't exactly planning an overnight stay at the hospital, which means I'll have to go out in wrinkled clothes. I find a nearby bathroom and do my best to make myself look nice. Thankfully I have a hair tie, which I use to throw my hair into a low-hanging ponytail. There are still some throwaway hairs, but it looks nicer. Next, I splash water on my face, hoping it'll brighten it up. Finally, I apply my chapstick.

Once done with what I have, I observe myself in the mirror. I'm not proud of it. I look just above okay. Usually, it wouldn't bother me, not that I don't try to look nice, I do, but for something simple like going out for breakfast, it wouldn't bother me. But now, I want myself to look nice, and I wish I had my makeup bag with me.

"So you're going with Mingyu, huh?" Sana says as I exit the bathroom, a suggestive smile on her lips.

"Oh yeah, I was about to tell you."

"Well, have fun." She places a hand on my shoulder, "Make sure you two don't get carried away," She jokes.

"What does that mean?" I ask, stunned.

"Nothing, just have fun."

I'm left shocked as Sana walks away. I know what she's hinting at, and I'm not happy about it. Here I thought I was being at least a little bit secretive. Hopefully, Mingyu is more oblivious than Sana.

○♠○♠○♠○♠○♠○♠○

Mingyu offers the waiter a pleasant smile as he finishes his order, "Thank you."