LXI | Under the Moonlight

According to Jeonghan, we're supposed to leave in the next hour, yet Sana still hasn't shown up with the dresses she promised for me and Jisoo.

"Do you want me to call her?" Jisoo asks, applying the finishing touches to her makeup. We decided it would be better to get everything ready while we waited.

Jisoo had decided to go with a more natural look with minimal makeup and her hair flowing down. The look fits her perfectly. However, braiding my hair and applying a somewhat detailed makeup look, I went a different route. It'll be complete once I add eye shadow, but I need to wait for the dress before I decide what color to choose.

"Not yet," I sigh. "I don't want to disturb her."

"Fair." Jisoo nods. "Honestly, I'm not sure why we're invited."

"We better be invited. After what I did for them," I huff, playfully rolling my eyes. "Plus, we live with them and are tangled up in their business. We might as well.

"Doesn't change the fact we aren't one of them."

"I know."

We fall silent as we wait for Sana. Jisoo turns the TV on, surfing through the different channels.

"I hope tonight is peaceful," Jisoo says, almost absentmindedly, as she skips past a cooking channel. "After that ride, I'm exhausted. I can't deal with anything more."

I laugh, throwing myself down on the cushion beside her, careful not to rub my makeup on the material. "I could almost go to sleep now."

As if taking my words for a challenge, Jisoo yawns. "You took a nap during the ride. You don't get to be sleepy."

"I disagree." I cross my arms, looking at her with mock anger.

Before she can give another friendly retort, there's a soft knock at the door.

"Finally!" I jump up, feeling energy run through me. I run to the door, swinging it open for Sana.

"I'm so sorry I was late," she groans, pushing herself in. "Jun held me up."

"It's okay." I shrug, checking the number on my phone. "We have twenty minutes until we have to leave."

Sana has three large bags with her, each concealing a dress. "Here and here." She hands me and Jisoo our dresses. "I hope you two don't mind me getting dressed here. It was too hectic in my room."

I hesitate to open the dress, scared I won't like it or that it will be out of my comfort zone.

"I really like your dress." Sana smiles at me. "I hope you like it too."

○♠○♠○♠○♠○♠○♠○

I'm not sure what I expected from this party, but it wasn't this. Even though Jeonghan had clarified that it was a formal event, I didn't think the street racers prepared parties at glamorous mansions.

Seventeen's house is the largest I've ever seen before tonight, but this building makes theirs look small.

It's at least three stories tall, made from pure marble that shines in the lights decorated around the house, and decorated with elegant windows.

"All of this belongs to Rosé," DK whispers, showing up behind me and Jisoo. "To think, this big house for just one person."

"Nobody lives here with her?" I gasp.

DK shakes his head. "I know some of her friends and business partners stay here sometimes, but technically, they don't live here." He quickly glances around before quietly adding, "However, Lisa seems to be a permanent resident."