XXV | Watching

Changkyun's final words scare me, even though I know they shouldn't.

I realize that what he said was most likely a tactic to make Jisoo and I scared of Seventeen and therefore trust him more, yet it was partially working. Only in scaring me, nothing of what happened made me trust him more.

It's not Seventeen being threats that scared me. Since I met Mingyu and DK, it was clear they were hazardous, and that was only amplified after moving in with the rest of the members.

Maybe the reason it startles me is that I'm on edge. After the eventful race, Sana's sudden change, and the Yeonjun boy who wouldn't be. Or maybe it makes me realize, for the nth time, just how little I know about the dangers happening around me.

During the last two months or so, Monsta X has been the biggest threat to me, minus the moment when my throat was almost slit. Maybe knowing Seventeen was stronger should make me feel safe because I have less reason to worry. But I find more reasons to stress because of it.

Just being at the race showed many enemies Seventeen had. Enemies they fear, as most do with their rivals. And with Mine and Jisoo's intermingling with the group, we had made ourselves potential targets.

I wish I could force myself to not think about it and to just forget about the dangers and enjoy the fun moments of the race. My mind only allows me to momentarily get lost in the moment. But whenever I do, I find something that pulls me back to reality.

"That didn't go well," Mingyu grumbles, approaching our table with DK, who was pulling off his glued-on mustache. "No offense, but your friend sucks."

I stay silent, neither wanting to agree nor disagree.

"We should go," DK comments, looking out the window. "We want to be home before S.Coups and Jeonghan are back.

As we leave, I make sure to grab my almost untouched coffee. By now, it's grown cold, but I don't want to waste it.

There was no parking lot beside The Rose café, and the nearest one was at the Neo Pearl Bar, which was only for customers. The best option was a parking garage a few blocks away.

The air is cool as we walk back, hinting fall's arrival, just a week away. The current weather didn't require a jacket or sweater, but wearing a thin shirt wasn't a great option. While I enjoy the brisk temperature, I can't help but shiver in the breeze.

We round a corner, and suddenly, standing in front of us, is no other than Yeonjun. He holds both hands behind his back, and his legs are spread apart in a defensive stance. Even while staying on the defense physically, the expression on his face makes it clear he's here to start problems. There's a hint of a smirk on his lips and a sharp look in his eyes.

"Did you not receive our message?" The pink-haired boy gives me a pointed look, "Or did you just decide to ignore it?"

"As if we would take your 'threat' seriously," DK snaps.

"Trust me." Yeonjun begins to take slow steps forward. "You should," he says with a new deepness. "You don't know what you're going against," he finishes, standing just two meters away.

Mingyu scoffs, taking a step towards the shorter boy, "Just because you made it to the top ten doesn't mean you and your little group are a threat."

Obviously annoyed by Mingyu's words, Yeonjun rolls his eyes and grits his teeth.

Mingyu takes another step closer, only putting a meter between them. "Yeonjun, you forget that Seventeen is one of the most powerful groups, and your threat means nothing to me."