Chapter 1

"Can't make any promises!"

Skylar Sanchez had just moved to Welsbury to live with her aunt, uncle and two cousins Sasha and Sophie. You could definitely not tell they were related at all. Skye grew up in the Netherlands, Europe with her parents. Her mom was Dutch and her father was Cuban, they had passed away unexpectedly, murdered by her uncle from her mom's side.

"Skye! Come on we gotta go!" Sophie called out to her, impatiently waiting. It was Skye's first day at school, the same school Sophie would be going to.

A still half asleep Skye made her way down the stairs, she had trouble falling asleep the previous night, she was still getting used to her surroundings after all, she lived her whole life in the Netherlands.

"Do you have everything?" Sophie questioned her cousin, whom nodded in response. "Come on, I'm sure it won't be too bad."

"Lets just go." Skylar said with a sigh, not in the mood for her first school day. The drive there was silent, until they picked up Kate, Sophie's friend. Skye was already quickly annoyed by the girl, often rolling her eyes at the girl.

"What are you rolling your eyes for?" Kate asked her, with a glare.

"Are American teenagers really so freaking cliché? So gossipy?" Skye asked them, crossing her arms. "Back home we preferred minding our own business. So what that that Ginny girl is dating that Hunter kid. Who the hell even cares? Like for real."

Sophie laughed at her cousin. "It's definitely a lot different here, popularity is a thing here."

"Already missing the Netherlands right now." Skylar rolled her eyes.

"I'm sure you'll do well, you are very pretty." Kate said, and then grinned. "Although with that attitude, maybe not."

"I don't really care if people like me honestly. I don't like it here. The healthcare system sucks here, I can't go out to bars or clubs. I mean we could just go to Belgium, cause the legal drinking age there is 16 and not 21. Like come on dudes. We're allowed to get guns at the age of 18 here, but an alcoholic drink not. What kind of logic is that?" Skye spoke as she looked at her phone, texting with her friends from back home, she hated the time zones.

"The gun thing is pretty strange." Sophie shrugged and pulled up to the school, parking her car.

The 3 girls made their way inside, Kate went ahead to class, Sophie would lead Skye to the principal. Noticing the girl was having a pretty hard time, she hugged her.

A girl went up to them, she seemed angry. "Really?! You moved on this fast?" The girl crossed her arms.

Skye raised her eyebrows at the brunette girl in front of her. "What are you talking about."

The girl ignored Skylar. "We only just broke up and you're already with someone else."

3 other girls ran up to them, trying to pull the brunette away.

"Max it's not what you think." Sophie started and Skye just burst out laughing.

"I'm her cousin." Skye said laughing.

"Oh." The brunette, Max seemed pretty embarrassed.

Skylar extended her hand, with a grin. "Skylar Sanchez, I just moved here, nice to meet you."

Max shook her hand. "Sorry, Maxine Baker. These are my friends Abby, Norah and Ginny."

"Ah I've already heard about Ginny, you're the girl dating that Gunter kid." Skye chuckled.

"Hunter." Sophie chimed in, shaking her head. "Come on we gotta go to the principal." Sophie grabbed Skye's wrist and pulled her along.

"So that was your ex huh." Skylar was clearly amused.

"Yeah, Max." Sophie shrugged. "It wasn't working."

"I have to say, her friend is pretty cute." Skylar grinned.

"Yeah everyone seems to think Ginny is hot." Sophie sighed, she thought Ginny was nice, but was sometimes annoyed by all the attention people gave the girl.

"No, I mean the redhead. What was it? Abby?" Skye told her.

"I don't know, I think she's straight, but I have my doubts. She seemed really jealous of me and Max, think she has a thing for Max." Sophie stopped in front of the door to the principal's office. "Here we go, I have to go to class. Please behave yourself."

"Can't make any promises!" Skye called after her cousin, as she walked away, making her way inside the principal's office.

This book will deal with mental health related things and I started a support group on discord in case anyone is interested in joining the server. It's a safe space, where we can learn from each other, share and ask for advice, feel free to join.

https://discord.gg/HSKR7BWR