Chapter 5

"Good thing Nick isn't here

"Good thing Nick isn't here."

It was almost time for the sleepover, Skye was getting ready for it. Her eyes landed on the box she received from her parents, there was a letter there that she had yet to read. She sat on her bed, opening the letter and reading it.

Skylar

If you are reading this, that means your mother and I are dead. Your mom and I had a lot of secrets for you, we wanted to keep you safe. Our business, people hire us, to get rid of others. You have been so loyal to us, even after Nick and Charlie left. We want you to take over the business for us, you won't have a choice. Our boss won't give you a choice and I am sorry. If you don't do as he says, he will kill you, he will kill Nick and Charlie, he knows where they are. We know that you have a lot of potential to do well, we've always seen it.

Your dad

Skylar stared at the letter and put it down, continuing to pack her bag. "Great to know my parents saw my potential.... Wish it wasn't the potential to be a fucking murderer though." Skye mumbled to herself, shaking her head. She grabbed her bag and walked downstairs, seeing that Ginny and Georgia were already there, waiting for her.

"Ready to go?" Ginny asked her with a smile, earning a nod in reply. Skye said her goodbyes to her family. She was silent during the car ride, deep in her thoughts as Ginny and Georgia were bickering with each other. She didn't feel comfortable being in a car with Georgia after reading the letter, knowing what she would be forced to do.

Skye had a sigh of relief once they arrived, the two girls met up with the rest of MANG. She noticed Abby was the only one not wearing sweats, instead wearing jeans.

The girls picked a spot for their sleeping bags, leaving their bags there and joining everyone on the dance floor.

Skye was sitting alone, soon joined by Max, everyone else had taken off.

"I remember my last sophomore sleepover, a girl that's in the play with me, Riley. She had been giving me all these mixed signals." Max started, Skye looked at her and nodded, motioning for her to continue. "I ended up kissing her, she told me she was straight right after. Then I spend a good time crying in the bathroom with Ginny's mom comforting me."

"Damn that sucks, having a crush on a straight girl sucks. Been there too, on my ex-best friend. I was still in the closet." Skye sat up straight. "She found out, overhearing me talking about it to Jake, before we were together. She told the entire school, made fun of me for my sexuality..... She even beat me up, Jake came to my defense. After that we started developing feelings for each other."

"That girl was a bitch." Max pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry you had to go through that, glad Jake stood up for you."

"I'm used to people in my life pretending to be good people." Skye mumbled, earning a confused look from Max. Skye took a deep breath. "My parents had a lot of secrets."

"Can I ask you something?" Max questioned and continued as Skye nodded. "How did they die."

FLASHBACK

Skylar was upstairs in her room, making her homework as she heard a commotion downstairs. She raised her eyebrow, getting up from her desk and slowly making her way downstairs. "Mom? Dad? What's going on?" Just then a gun shot was sound, Skye froze in shock, blood had splattered all over her. Her eyes widened at the sight of her mother's body dropping straight to the floor, the bullet had gone straight through her skull. Skye looked up, seeing her uncle, he was crying, holding a gun and now pointing it at her dad.

"You killed her!" Her uncle spoke, glaring at her father, who seemed to have accepted his fate.

Her dad looked at her. "I'm sorry sweetheart, I love you." Were his words, before he too was shot through the head, right in front of his daughter's eyes.

Her uncle looked at her and then left to turn himself in, he seemed broken.

Skye dropped to her knees, crying, leaning over the bodies of her parents, staying like that until the police came.

END OF FLASHBACK

"You watched your parents get killed?" Max asked her, hugging Skye as she started lightly crying.

The rest of MANG made their way over to them, having overheard the story and joining in on the hug.

Norah spoke up, once she stopped crying. "So the boys were wondering if we wanted to do truth or dare with them."

"Oh well, why not." Skye sighed, getting up, they followed Norah to a classroom where the boys were waiting for them.

"Alright Skye, you first, truth or dare?" Press asked her, grinning slightly.

"Truth." Skye crossed her arms, raising her eyebrow at him.

"Are you a virgin?" Press asked her.

"Ah we're starting with those kinds of questions, good thing Nick isn't here. No I am not." Skylar answered truthfully. After some more truths and dares, a lot of alcohol as well, it was Skye's turn to ask Abby a question, she choose truth. "If you had to choose anyone in this room... Who would you like to..... kiss?"

"You." Abby quickly blurted out, without a thought, everyone frowned at her and she blushed. "I mean, Press."

Some more questions later, Norah asked Skye a question, she choose dare. "Tell us about the time you lost your virginity."

"Alright... We were together for a year and his parents weren't home, so he asked me to come over. He cooked me dinner, moussaka, he's a really good cook. He set up like an indoor picnic, next to the fire place, some wine and music. Then it just happened, it wasn't planned, but he was always prepared just in case." Skye smiled at the memory.

"Wow that's..... pretty sweet." Norah spoke, smiling and looked at Jordan. "When are you cooking me dinner?"

Jordan shook his head. "You know I can't cook, last time I tried, I nearly burned down the house."

Skye laughed. "Yeah the first time was pretty romantic."

"I really thought you'd be like really freaky in bed." Press spoke up, smirking.

Skye shook her head and grinned. "I can be."

"Alright Abby, truth or dare?" Press asked her, she choose dare. "I dare you to kiss Skye, like a full on make-out session." Skye rolled her eyes at him and looked at Abby, who seemed nervous.

Abby moved closer to her, leaning in and capturing the brunette's lips, her hands moving up to cup her face. It started out soft and gentle, but grew more hungry and lust filled, tongue being added into the kiss. Skye was the one to pull away from the kiss, she didn't want it to stop, which made her feel bad, she had a boyfriend.

Abby looked at everyone, her cheeks flushed red.

"Yeah that was... good... hot.... You really went for it." Press spoke and then laughed. "I'd almost think you're actually into her Abby."

Abby shook her head at Press and just ignored him.

The group played for a little while more, going to sleep afterwards.