Chapter 17

I'm sorry in advance.

It was time for Brodie's party, MANG were first to arrive along with Jordan and Hunter, they agreed to helping Brodie with setting the party up

It was time for Brodie's party, MANG were first to arrive along with Jordan and Hunter, they agreed to helping Brodie with setting the party up. Abby was quite nervous to see Skye, after she found out about the drugs. 

There was a lot of tension in the air, Hunter was still angry with Ginny, but he came for Brodie.

"So what's up with you and Quinn?" Hunter questioned his friend, whom smiled in return.

"I'm not sure, but to be honest, I like her a lot." Brodie told him as the two walked upstairs to help Jordan with bringing the alcohol downstairs.

"Guys how am I gonna talk to Skye about... You know?" Abby questioned her friends. "I have to talk to her about it. I can't pretend that nothing's wrong."

"I don't think there is a right way to start that conversation, I think you just have to rip the band-aid off Abby." Max told her, the other two girls seemingly agreed.

The girls went back to setting things up and more people soon arrived at the party, even Sophie showed up, to Max's surprise.

Sophie was accompanied by Nick, they seemed worried.

Max frowned and made her way over to the two. "Hey, is everything alright?"

Nick shook his head. "Where's my sister?" 

Meanwhile in the car, with Brittany, Quinn and Skye. Skye sat in the backseat, she was looking out of the window, zoned out as the other two girls were talking about their favorite music. Skye was slightly pale and shaking, her jaw was clenched, something she wasn't when they were getting ready.

Quinn turned around to look at Skye from the passenger seat, raising an eyebrow. "Are you okay?"

Skye looked at Quinn, faking a smile and nodding her head. "Yeah I'm fine." 

"You don't seem fine." Quinn replied to her, tilting her head.

"I do love her... Abby." Skye started, looking down.

"And?" Brittany spoke up, confused.

"I don't deserve her. I'm not good enough for her." Skye spoke up, staring at her small backpack that she brought along.

"Skye, don't say that, of course you are good enough for her." Quinn said, staring at her friend. 

Brittany stopped the car as they arrived. "Quinn is right?"

"I'm not, but thank you for trying to make me feel better." Skye shook her head, she got out of the car before the two other girls could say anything, she went looking for Abby straight away. She saw Nick and Sophie talking to Max and managed to sneak past them.

She smiled slightly when she saw Abby, although the rest of her facial expression didn't match her smile. "Hey. Can we talk? Upstairs?" 

Abby looked at her in confusion, but nodded and followed her upstairs into one of the bedrooms. 

Abby took a seat on the bed as she watched Skye, whom had her back turned to Abby. 

Abby was the one to break the silence between them. "So what did you want to talk about?"

Skye stayed quiet, turning around, moving towards the bed and placing a soft kiss on the redhead's lips. 

The brunette pulled away, a tear rolling down her cheek. "You're gonna be okay. My family will take care of you. I'm sorry Abby." She took off, before the redhead could say anything in return. 

"Nick what's wrong?" Max asked the clearly distraught boy in front of her. Brittany, Ginny and Quinn moved to Max's side as he handed Max a piece of paper.

Quinn looked at them. "What's going on?"

Brittany looked at the paper in Max's hand and then up at Nick. "Is this what I think it is?"

The girls read the letter and Ginny then stared at Nick. "She went upstairs with Abby."

Abby made her way over to the group with Norah. "Hey you guys. I think something's wrong with Skye. I think she just... said goodbye to me."

Norah stared at Abby. "Why would she say goodbye? Where is she going? I just saw her leaving, she went outside."

Nick didn't waste a second and ran up the basement stairs and found Skye collapsed on the floor, right in front of the front door. He kneeled down next to her, he feared the worst as he took a deep breath and grabbed her wrist. "No!" Tears started streaming down his face as he let go of her wrist, there was no heartbeat, he was too late.

MANG, Sophie, Quinn and Brittany had followed him upstairs and watched on in shock. 

Abby kneeled down to Nick's side, staring at Skye, the first person she ever loved. Nick took her in his arms as Abby cried, shaking. He knew he'd protect Abby, like she was his sister, he wouldn't fail this time. It's what Skye would've wanted. 

It had been a week since the funeral, Abby had gotten close to the rest of the Evans family as they grieved together.

She was in Skye's old room, wearing one of her many sweaters, laying on the bed as she cried.

Nick knocked on the door to announce his presence. He took a seat on the bed next to Abby. "She loved you... She asked us to take care of you." 

"She should've stayed and taken care of me herself." Abby said, she was sobbing. 

"She is still with us, in our hearts and she is watching over us." Nick spoke softly, holding back his own tears. He placed his hand on Abby's shoulder and leaned down to kiss the top of her head. "You are our family too now." 

I'm sorry you guys for this ending, but I thought it would be fitting with the dark tone throughout the story. I promise sweater weather won't be as depressing as this. Also had to include Abby wearing Skye's sweater at the end as a nod to the new story.