Chapter 2

"Finally another cute gay

"Finally another cute gay... Or bi."

Skylar sighed, she finished up with the principal, getting everything in order and receiving her schedule. She had chemistry right before lunch, which was actually one of her favourite classes back home.

The teacher greeted her and turned to the class. "Everyone, this is our new student, Mrs Sanchez. Make sure she feels at home." He turned to Skylar. "Your partner for the semester will be Mrs Littman." He motioned for her to sit next to the redhead from earlier.

Skye took a seat next to Abby and took out her books.

"Skylar right? Sophie's cousin." The redhead spoke up.

"Yeah and you are Abby." Skye turned to look at her. "Pretty interesting encounter this morning. Your friend really thought I was dating Sophie?"

Abby shrugged. "The break-up is still pretty recent, she saw you two hugging and jumped to conclusions."

Skylar chuckled in return. "I mean a hug can be pretty platonic ya know."

"So where are you from? How old are you?" Abby questioned her, curiously.

"I moved here from the Netherlands, I have recently turned 16, a few weeks ago." Skye told her, clearing her throat.

"Why did you move here?" Abby questioned her, invested. Skye just looked back at her book, instead of answering. Abby decided to stop asking questions, receiving the hint. "Want to have lunch with us?"

"That'd be so much better than lunch with Sophie and her annoying friend." Skylar surely didn't like Kate one bit so far.

"Who? Kate?" Abby laughed and shook her head. "We all aren't the biggest fan of Kate."

"Well we have something in common then. So what do you want to do for the project? I do have an idea, considering we are allowed to used the lab. What about glow in the dark paint? Like the more professional type, not the Halloween type that doesn't glow anymore after a couple hours." Skye looked at her with a smile.

"Sure, that sounds pretty cool. Pretty sure if we can pull it off, the teacher will be impressed." Abby nodded. "Alright, lets do that."

The two of them did some research for the project, to see what they would be needing, luckily the school paid for these things, so they didn't have the worry about how much it would cost. The bell rang and they went to lunch with MANG together.

Max looked up, her face turning red at the sight of Skylar, from embarrassment. "I'm sorry about this morning."

"It happens, no need to apologise." Skye shot her a soft smile and then mumbled. "Not like I am one to judge."

"So are you gay or straight?" Max asked, catching Skye of guard, she wasn't expecting the question.

"I'm bisexual actually." Skylar told her and chuckled, crossing her arms. "So what about you guys then?"

"I am a 100% gay, the other 3 are straight." Max told her, smiling softly. Abby looked down in response, causing Skye to raise her eyebrow. "Finally another cute gay... Or bi."

"So you think I'm cute huh." Skylar grinned, wiggling her eyebrows at Max, who blushed in return. "Anyways, so what is there to do in this town?"

"Shoplifting." Abby said earning a laugh from Skylar, the girl was only half joking. Before Skye could speak she added. "Well shopping, the café, parties."

"Yeah the sophomore sleepover is next week again. You should totally come too." Max said excitedly.

"So do you have any siblings?" Ginny questioned her.

A sad expression took over Skye. "I do actually, an older brother, Nick and younger sister, Charlie. They..... I don't know where they are. They ran away, to America."

Ginny lightly squeezed her shoulder. "Why did they run?"

"I'm not sure, I could've gone with them, but I didn't." Skylar sighed and looked down.

Abby decided to change the subject, which Skylar was grateful for. "So are we hanging out after school?"

"We can hang out at my place." Max spoke and looked at Skye. "You can come too." She earned a soft smile from the other brunette.

After a while school was finally over and they would be going to Max's house.

A guy was in her kitchen, grabbing two bottles of water.

Ginny waved at him, not catching the attention of the other girls, receiving a smile in return.

"What are you doing with two bottles of water?" Max asked him, crossing her arms.

"Nick's here." Was the guy's reply.

"Oh yeah, this is my twin brother, Marcus." Max told Skye and looked back at Marcus. "Tell Nick I said hi." She waited for her brother to go upstairs, before she continued speaking. "His friend, Nick is pretty nice."

"Definitely cute, if you're into the bad boy type." Norah spoke with a laugh.

"Yeah I remember your crush on him." Abby chuckled at Norah.

"And how he turned her down." Max added, earning a small glare from Norah.

"Was it that bad?" Ginny asked, not knowing the story. She did see Nick around often as he lived in the same street as them, just like the Bakers.

"And I quote 'you're a nice girl, but you're too young for me. You're the same age as my sister, it'd be weird.' As far as I know his sister is 12 years old." Norah rolled her eyes.

"That is so rude, comparing you to his 12 year old sister." Ginny scoffed and the group of girls made their way upstairs. Bumping into a guy upstairs in the hallway.

"Watch where you're goin-. Skye?" The guy looked at her shocked.

"Nick?"