Chapter 16

"Everyone has secrets, even for their friends

"Everyone has secrets, even for their friends."

It had been a week since the barbeque at the Millers. Ginny was back in the friend group, she had apologized to everyone in the group. Skye and Charlie had gone to the cops, the video was gone, only MANG, Marcus, Charlie, Skye and Charlie's ex knew about it thankfully.

It was Friday night, Brodie was giving a party at his home. Abby and Skye have been together for a week now, it was nice. Abby felt happy, but was pulling back a little bit, considering Skye didn't know about her eating disorder.

Abby had noticed Skye was acting strange as well, hiding something. She looked quite, sickly the past week. Pale, sweating a lot, shivering, feverish. She was anxious, paranoid and was pretty distracted.

Skye had claimed she just had a flu, but Abby could tell she was lying, but didn't push her to tell her the truth, after all Abby figured it'd be hypocritical, considering she didn't tell her about the eating disorder.

Abby was currently being driven to Max's house, she was meeting MANG there, Skye would be meeting them at the party later.

Ellen send Abby upstairs as soon as she arrived, the other girls were already there.

The 3 were laying on the bed together, listening to music. Abby joined them on the bed and greeted them.

"It's great to be together again." Ginny spoke with a soft smile.

Max looked at her and then at the other 2 girls. "Let's promise not to keep any secrets for each other anymore."

Abby looked down at Max's words and shrugged. "Everyone has secrets, even for their friends."

"Maybe, but you've seen what secrets have done to us before." Max frowned and looked at Abby questioning as Abby's smile dropped and turned into a sad expression. "Abby what's wrong? Are you okay?"

Abby shook her head and was instantly hugged by the other 3 girls. She shrugged and spoke up. "I mean everything's gone to shit. The thing that happened with Press..... The whole video thing, which has been taken care of thankfully..... My parents are getting divorced, my dad's moving out next week."

"Your parents are getting divorced?" Ginny asked, taking hold of Abby's hand.

"Why didn't you tell any of us?" Max asked her softly.

"I told Skye, but I didn't tell her everything that's going on. She'll run the other way." Abby avoided eye contact and continued, her voice cracking. "I have a problem..... I've been making myself throw up, taping my legs."

Norah pulled her in a hug. "Oh Abby. Why would you do that to yourself?"

"To lose weight." Abby said, quietly.

"You don't need to lose weight at all." Ginny spoke up.

"Yeah, you're pretty hot, your body is good the way it is." Max started and shook her head. "Also, I don't think Skye would leave you, that girl is head over heels for you."

Ginny's face fell at the mention of Skye's name, earning a raised eyebrow from Abby.

"What?" Abby spoke, looking at Ginny, worried. "Tell us."

"It's just that Marcus said something..... About her being 'sick'." Ginny said, looking away from Abby.

"You think she wasn't actually sick? She looked pretty sick." Max said.

"Yeah, she told me she had the flu. She was lying about something. What did Marcus say?" Abby crossed her arms.

"Marcus said it seemed like withdrawal symptoms. He had a feeling she was..... Using drugs before. So he went through her stuff. Like before the costume party." Ginny scratched the back of her neck. "I didn't want to say anything, because it's not my place. Marcus only told me today."

"Did he find something in her stuff?" Norah questioned Ginny. Abby was just shaking her head.

"Weed.... Pills, Marcus suspects MDMA... And what was most likely cocaine." Ginny told them.

"She does often have red eyes, dilated pupils. It makes sense now. When I asked about it, she'd always say it's just allergies." Norah added.

"I'm not surprised either. With everything she had to go through, I think plenty people would turn to drugs." Abby sighed. "Let's get ready for the party."

In the meantime Skylar was with Quinn and Brittany.

Quinn had been staring at Skye a lot, during their hangout.

"Why are you staring at me?" Skye asked, tilting her head.

"You look a lot better than yesterday." Quinn frowned at her. "Just find it weird, the contrast."

"My flu is gone thankfully." Skye shrugged, in truth, she just gave in and used a MDMA pill yesterday and today, stopping the withdrawal symptoms. She didn't want anyone to know, she was ashamed, but she did want to stop, mostly for Abby. Skye shook her head and changed the subject. "So Brittany. What's going on with you and Max?"

Brittany smiled at the mention of Max's name. "Well we talk everyday, a lot about this true crime podcast we both listen to. We have a lot in common and I think I do like her."

"So when are you asking her out?" Quinn asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"When are you asking Brodie out?" Brittany replied, smirking.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Quinn rolled her eyes, blushing a little.

"Oh come on, you were totally giving Brodie the fuck me eyes during band practice." Skye chuckled.

"Not at all. Seems like you don't know what the fuck me eyes look like." Quinn said, crossing her arms.

"Just look at the way Brittany looks at Max." Skye said resulting in a pillow being thrown right into her face with force, knocking her off the bed.

"You're one to talk." Brittany asked and grinned. "Like you don't look that way at Abby...... Or the other way around."

Skye looked up from the floor, smiling at the mention of Abby's name, giggling silently. "Abby is so fucking beautiful and sweet, I love just staring into her eyes."

"You really are down bad." Quinn said, chuckling.

Skye got up and got back onto the bed. "I think I love her, like really love her." She admitted.

"Have you told her that?" Quinn asked with a smile, Skye shook her head.

"Well let's get ready. Don't want to keep her waiting." Brittany then grinned at Quinn. "Or Brodie." She laughed when Quinn hit her with a pillow.