Chapter 6

"We're just friends

"We're just friends."

The sophomore sleepover had gone well, Skye was now home alone. Her parents were doing the groceries, Nick was hanging out with Marcus and Charlie was with a friend as well.

She received a text from Abby, asking her if she could come over, which Skye had no problems with. She went downstairs to wait for Abby.

"Coming!" She called out as the doorbell rang, thinking it was Abby. She was confused seeing a strange man on her doorstep, he walked inside before she could say anything. "Who the hell are you?"

He looked her up and down. "I'm Gabriel." He spoke and took a seat, he know nobody else was home. "So have you read your parents' letter yet?"

Skye crossed her arms. "Considering you know about it, you must have been their boss."

"Yes and I am now yours. So how come Georgia Miller is still breathing? You have received the payment."

"The money from the envelope.... Look I'm not a killer." Skye started, but was cut off.

"You are now, your parents prepared you for this. All the camping with them, the hunting. The survival skills they taught you, self defense and fighting training." He crossed his arms and grinned. "The trip to Australia, I have to say that one was very.... Unconventional."

"Yeah I remember that trip, a week before their passing, I could've died." Skye sighed and took a seat. "Look I'll do it, I'll take down Georgia, because I know you'll hurt the people I love, but after that I'm out."

Gabriel shook his head. "That's not how this works, there is no way out, the only way out is death." There was a knock on the door, Gabriel got up and looked at Skye one last time. "You should call me Jesse in public." He went outside, letting Abby inside in the process.

Skye was silent, staring at the wall, shaking her head. She flinched a little when Abby tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention. Skye looked up, Abby looked like she had been crying.

"Abby? What's wrong?" Skye got up and pulled the girl in a hug.

"Can we go to your room?" Abby asked her, earning a nod and they went upstairs, getting onto Skye's bed. She rested her head on Skye's chest, who had her arms around Abby by now. She broke the silence after a while. "My parents are getting divorced."

"Oh Abby, I'm so sorry." Skye spoke, with compassion and rubbed the girl's back. "You know you can always come to me if you need someone right?" Abby nodded and Skye continued. "The only thing I can do for you with this, is to be there when you need me. Life is rough, it sucks."

Abby's hand was moving down to Skye's stomach, resting on there, she blushed a little, confusing the brunette.

"What?" Skye asked, looking down at her.

Abby just shook her head in return, she didn't expect for the brunette to be as muscular as she was. "Nothing." They stayed like that for a while.

Skye shifted a little, causing Abby's hand to go under her shirt by accident.

"What is that?" Abby asked, feeling something strange, causing Skye to get off the bed quickly in a reflex.

Skye avoided eye contact. "It's nothing."

"I can tell that you're lying, take of your shirt." Abby crossed her arms, looking at her.

"No, I'm not even wearing a bra, I don't have anything under my shirt." Skye said, Abby raised her eyebrow and Skye sighed. "Fine..... But you can't tell anyone alright." Skye hesitated, but pulled her shirt off, making the other girl blush.

"What is that?" Abby asked her, getting up. There was a big scar over the brunette's body.

"My parents were psychopaths, right before they died, we went on a vacation to Australia. We went on a boat trip, they decided to lure and piss of a freaking shark. The shark was ready to attack the boat. My dad pushed a machete into my hands and pushed me in the water. So the shark attacked me, thanks to that machete I was able to get free of it's grip. It swam off after I stabbed it into the eye, nearly bled to death, mom stitched me up though and took me to the hospital. They didn't care if I died. People at school, Jake included thought it was an accident." Skye told Abby, looking away, while telling the story.

"That's horrible. I'm glad you survived." Abby said, not really knowing what else to say. She moved closer, running her hand over the scar, it run all the way from her hips to her breasts.

Skye looked down at her hand. "We shouldn't, I have a boyfriend." It was then that the door opened, it was Jake.

"What are you doing?" Jake asked, frowning and crossing his arms.

Abby quickly pulled away. "Uh, I should go." She took off before anyone could speak.

"It's not what it looked like, she just wanted to see the scar." Skye shrugged and moved in front of him. "I'm with you, not her." Jake didn't speak, so Skye pulled him into a kiss. The kiss was pure lust, there was no passion, not like there usually would be between them.

It didn't take long for both of them to be fully naked and entangled into each other. It was rougher than usual. They laid together in bed after they finished.

He looked up at her, as she sat up straight and got dressed, she didn't look at him as she sat in the side of the bed. "Jake.... I think we should break up." She turned to look at him, he nodded.

"I can't say I'm surprised..." Jake spoke up and sat up straight as well, reaching for his clothes, he was visibly upset.

"It just doesn't feel the same anymore." Skye spoke up, watching him.

"Yeah... Sure." He shook his head and looked at her. "I've seen the way you were looking at Abby."

"We're just friends."

"Do you think I'm an idiot? I see the way you look at her." Jake shook his head. "Just be honest with me, that's all I ask of you."

Skye looked down. "I think I like her yes, but I'm not sure, we haven't known each other for so long."

"Look I wish you the best. I don't think I can be friends with you, not now. So I'll just go back to being your brother's idiot best friend and you can go back to my friend's annoying little sister." Jake left before she could say another word. Skye sighed and let herself fall back onto the bed.