Chapter 11

"No, but I will show him insanity

"No, but I will show him insanity."

It was time for Skye's first session at the new therapy group. She didn't want to go, but figured she'd do it for her family, so they would worry less. She hadn't been to school in at least a week.

She was sitting at the dining table, Joshua had made pancakes for breakfast.

Charlie was smiling at her phone, which received frowns from her older siblings.

"Why are you smiling at your phone?" Nick questioned his youngest sister.

Charlie looked at him. "That's none of your business." She rolled her eyes. She started blushing and smiling at another text.

Nick and Skye looked at each other. "Charlie has a boyfriend!" Nick spoke loudly, Charlie was protesting, but her red face said enough.

"Fine, his name's Alex." Charlie told them and showed them a picture, annoyed with her older siblings. "Chris said he seemed nice."

"You told Chris before me?" Nick asked, pretending to be offended. Skye had never met Chris, only heard of him, he was Joshua's biological son and so technically her half brother.

Skye lowered her voice, hearing that Joshua was on the phone. "So when are we meeting Alex?"

"Why? Are you gonna show him your knife collection?" Charlie asked and then glared at Nick.

Skye chuckled looking at Nick. "You didn't."

"Yes he did, the guy was just my friend and is now scared of me." Charlie sighed, crossing her arms.

"I won't show him any knife collections. But if he ever hurts you, he will be begging for mercy." Skye spoke, taking a sip of her coffee and a bite of her pancake.

Charlie stared at her in disbelief. "You are crazy. Completely insane."

"No, but I will show him insanity." Skye grinned, finishing her food and then looking up at Joshua, who seemed to be in some kind of shock.

"Dad? What's wrong?" Nick asked him, raising his eyebrow.

"It's Chris' mom.... She was in an accident." Joshua started, looking down.

"Is Eliza okay?" Charlie asked worried, Joshua shook his head.

"She didn't make it.... I need to pick up Chris. He's going to be living with us from now on and transfering to your school." Joshua spoke, he looked sad, he looked at Skye and Nick. "I'm sure you two will help him fit in." Eliza and Joshua were still close friends, despite their divorce.

"Yes we will help him feel at home." Skye spoke softly, Nick and Charlie nodding.

"Come on Skye, we have to go. I'll drop you off at the group, I'll pick you up after I pick up Chris." Joshua told her, Skye nodded, grabbing her backpack. They said their goodbyes and took off, the car ride was silent. Skye didn't what to say as she didn't know Eliza or Chris. She said her goodbyes to Joshua and sighed.