Chapter 7

"You remind me of myself when I was younger

"You remind me of myself when I was younger." 

Skye was at the blue farm cafe with MANG, she hasn't said a word yet, being deep in her thoughts. She couldn't stop thinking about the day before, the thing with Gabriel, her moment with Abby, the break-up with Jake.

"What's going on between you two?" Norah asked, shaking Skye's shoulder, she saw Jake walking in with Nick and Marcus, he wouldn't even look in their direction.

"We broke up yesterday." Skye shrugged.

"I'm sorry, it's all my fault." Abby spoke, looking down.

"I broke up with him, so no it wasn't your fault." Skye shot her a smile.

Ginny looked at Abby confused. "Why would that be your fault?"

Abby didn't know what to say, so Skye spoke up. "She saw me naked by accident, well only the upper body. Jake came in and got the wrong idea."

Max couldn't contain her curiosity. "Abby, tell us what she looked like?" Skye rolled her eyes at Max.

Abby shook her head. "She's really muscular. Which I didn't expect."

"Muscular girls are hot." Max spoke looking into Skye's direction.

Ginny poked Max's shoulder. "She just broke up with her boyfriend, you should probably give her some time before you try to make a move."

Norah looked at Skye and raised her eyebrow. "Why are you wearing a scarf, it's way too hot, take it off before you pass out from the heat."

Skye sighed and took of her scarf, her neck was all red underneath.

"What the hell happened to your neck?" Abby asked her. "It wasn't like that yesterday."

"Well before the break-up, after you left... we..... ya know." Skye started, Abby just looked at her confused.

Norah laughed, catching on, she looked at Abby. "They had sex."

"Oh, but why would her neck..... Oh never mind, I get it." Abby then added, mumbling. "She can totally wrap her hands around my throat." She didn't realize she said it out loud, until she saw the amused facial expressions from her friends. "What? It was just a joke.... I'm not into girls so."

"Anyways, so I heard Brodie was giving another party. Are we going?" Skye asked them.

"Yes, it's a costume party." Ginny told her. "We're going to shop for some costumes, will you come with us. We'll get dressed at Max's."

"I have something I need to do. So I'll see you guys at the party, I already have a costume. So I'm gonna go now." Skye got up and took off, remembering what Gabriel told her. Austin wouldn't be home, so this would be her chance to get Georgia alone.

She went home first, nobody was home, she went upstairs and took the gun out of the box that she got from her parents. She sat on the bed, sighing, she couldn't believe that she had to kill someone.

She figured it'd be best to just get it over with, before Ginny would come home, considering she'd have to get rid of the body as well. She got up and made her way to the Miller house, she knocked on the door, being greeted by Georgia.

Georgia gave her a soft smile. "Ginny isn't home, but she should be back soon for dinner. You can wait for her here."

Skye nodded and made her way inside, she sat down as Georgia was grabbing a glass of lemon juice for her. Skye reached for the gun, as Georgia's back was turned to her.

The doorbell rang, Skye watched Georgia opening the door, she narrowed her eyes, seeing Gabriel walk in. Of course he had followed her here, probably wanted to make sure she'd go through with it.

"What do you want?" She heard Georgia ask Gabriel, she glanced over at the brunette. "This isn't the time."

Gabriel looked over at Skye. "So what are you waiting for."

She got up, moving towards the two.

"Waiting for what?" Georgia asked, she was suspicious.

Skye raised her gun to Georgia, pointing it at her head.

"Come on pull the trigger." Gabriel told her.

Georgia looked at Gabriel. "You're seriously making a child do this?" She looked at Skye. "Just make sure my kids don't have to find me."

Tears started going down Skye's face, she was shaking and lowered the gun. "I can't."

"Well, in that case, I think I will be starting with your sister." Gabriel started, grinning at her. "What's her name? Charlie right? I'll even make you and your brother watch, you'll be last." Skye raised her gun again and pulled the trigger, shooting Gabriel right through the head.

Her eyes widened, and she dropped the gun, her hands flying right over her mouth, she started sobbing and dropped to her knees. "I- I killed him."

Georgia moved to her side and hugged the crying girl. "You had to." She rubbed the brunette's back. "You had no choice, he would've hurt you." They stayed like that for a while as Skye told Georgia everything, everything about her parents and what they had put her through.

Georgia got up. "Come on sweetie, we need to get rid of the body. It's going to be okay." She helped Georgia drag the body to the backyard and burying him, cleaning the crime scene afterwards. Georgia helped clean her up, borrowing her some clothes.

"Ginny is lucky to have you. The crimes you committed was to protect her and Austin. My parents threw in the ocean as shark food." Skye sighed and looked at Georgia, who shot her a soft smile. "Why did you help me?"

"You remind me of myself when I was younger. You were forced to do something terrible, just like me. You had to do it to survive." Georgia told her and gave her the gun back, that she took earlier. "Only use it to protect yourself. We don't know much about Gabriel, we don't know if anyone else will come for you... or me. We are a team now, okay?"