Chapter 8

"Please tell me you're not sleeping with my friend

"Please tell me you're not sleeping with my friend." 

Skye stayed around a little longer, chatting with Georgia, telling her about the costume party at Brodie's.

MANG arrived at Ginny's place, confused to see Skye there.

"Skye? I thought you were home? What are you doing here?" Ginny asked her, crossing her arms, looking between her friend and her mother.

"Skye was helping me out with some things, she offered to help me do some cleaning." Georgia told her daughter with a smile. "So are you girls all staying over for dinner?"

"I could cook if you'd like, I could make some vegetarian panang, it's a Thai curry. It's pretty mild, so not too spicy." Skye offered and Georgia nodded. "Cool we got the ingredients at home, I'll go get them along with my costume." Skye took off.

Ginny crossed her arms. "Please tell me you're not sleeping with my friend." Abby raised her brow.

Georgia tilted her head. "No! Of course I am not! I wouldn't do that. She's just, going through some things alright, I caught her crying the other day and I've been helping her out since then."

"Yeah, her parents were pretty terrible." Abby spoke up, crossing her arms. "It's pretty messed up."

"She saw her parents die." Max mumbled. "That's got to be horrifying."

Ginny looked at Abby. "What do you know that we don't?"

Skye walked in during the question and looked at them. "The evening of my breakup with Jake, Abby she uh, felt something under my shirt by accident."

"Is this how she accidentally saw you half naked?" Max slowly asked, frowning.

"Yeah.... She told me to take my shirt off, because I wouldn't tell her. And so I did." Skye spoke, slowly raising her shirt. "It's a shark bite. I went on a vacation with my parents to Australia, went on a boat trip. They found a shark, managed to piss it off."

"That is a big scar." Norah spoke silently.

"They put a machete in my hand and pushed me into the water. So I had to fight of the shark, it managed to get a nibble on me, before I stabbed it in the eye." Skye looked down at the scar. "They wouldn't even call the ambulance, drove me to the hospital there."

"That's crazy." Ginny spoke up.

"Yeah, doctor said, 15 minutes later and I wouldn't have made it, I would've bled out. I would've died if we got stuck in traffic." Skye shook her head.

"You didn't tell me about that part." Abby whispered.

Skye looked at her. "I'm sorry I didn't. But yeah, my parents were horrible people and didn't care if I would die. They just cared that I took over their fucking business, which I will not be doing."

"Business?" Ginny asked.

"That doesn't matter." Skye moved to the kitchen, wanting to end the conversation. She sighed, once she was alone.

As Skye was cutting up the onions, peppers and carrots, she felt someone wrap her arms around her from behind. Jumping in fear, she pushed the person against the kitchen counter, wrapping her hands around their throat.

"Abby, goddamn it, you scared the living hell out of me!" Skye sighed in relief, not removing her hands.

Abby looked up at her, gulping. "I'm sorry for scaring you." A blush formed upon the redhead's face as their faces were only inches apart and their bodies pressed together, she was pinned against the counter by the taller girl.

Skye was about to move away from the other girl, but was stopped by Abby who went in for the kiss. It was a bit of a rougher, but still passionate kiss.

"What are you doing?" A voice was heard, causing the two girls to move away from each other.

"Hey Austin, nothing, I was just helping her cook that is all. Lets go join everyone else in the living room." Abby said, her face red. She watched Austin go to the living room. She looked at Skye. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have, I'm not..... I'm not into girls." She went to the living room before Skye could say anything, she just shook her head and continued cooking.

........................................................................................................................

"This curry is amazing, I didn't know you could cook." Ginny complimented her. Norah agreed and Abby just nodded in silence, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Yeah she just got even hotter." Max commented as Georgia laughed at her.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about yet." Skye told her, chuckling.

"Tell us more then." Max said, smiling.

"Alright, I play the piano, drums and guitar. I love cooking. I know how to hunt, my parents taught me on vacations. I know first aid, because I often had to stitch myself up. I know karate, jiu jitsu, judo, MMA and tae kwon do. I used to play basketball, so might try out for the team." Skye started and looked at them. "What else.... I've been obsessed with Jurassic park ever since I was little. I can speak Dutch and Spanish. My mom was Dutch and my dad was from Cuba. I did a lot of volunteering work at retirement centres and with some events. My favourite artist is Taylor Swift and favourite band is panic! At the disco. Oh yeah my favourite movie genre is horror and I am kind off a nerd when it comes to science. When I grow up, I want to be a detective, solve murders and that kind of shit."

"I think girls who play the guitars are so hot, like ten times as hot." Max said and Abby nudged her.

"Max! Contain yourself!" Abby shook her head at her friend, then her gaze moved to her food, taking her bite.

Austin looked at everyone, confused. "Why do you need to put your mouth on someone else's to help them with cooking?" The question caused Abby to nearly choke on her food.

"Where did you get that idea Austin?" Ginny asked as she frowned at Abby's reaction.

Austin pointed at Skye and looked at Abby. "She was helping her cook."

Everyone's gaze fell on Skye, who just shrugged in return, and then moved to Abby.

"It just happened okay!" Abby looked away, hiding her face as she was turning as red as a tomato.

"I thought you were straight." Max said, slowly.

"I am! I was just messing around!" Abby spoke, defensively.

"Are you sure? Cause...." Ginny started, but stopped speaking as Abby shot her a glare.

"Lets just finish our food and get ready for the party. Alright?" Skye spoke, sighing.