Chapter 4

"You care about her

"You care about her."

Skye had finally moved in officially with her siblings, the adoption was complete, it went pretty fast, suppose knowing the mayor was a big help.

"Skye honey! Your aunt dropped something off for you!" Madison called out.

Skye made her way into the kitchen and looked at the package. "What is it?"

"It's some things that were from your parents, it was signed for you." Madison told her, leaving the kitchen to get ready for work. Madison was a psychologist and Joshua a teacher at their high school. Skye was already ready to leave, early, she figured she'd check out the package. She opened the box, it was wrapped up nicely.

"What the fuck." Skye frowned, there were documents in there and a handgun. She opened one of the folders, there were names from their victims in there. Nick walked into the kitchen, greeting her. "Nick, look at this."

Nick looked through the things. "Is this the folder you mentioned?" He went through them.

"Yeah, all these people are dead." Skye spoke, grabbing herself a bottle of water.

Nick looked at her. "Except the last one." Skye looked at him confused, her eyes widening, Georgia Miller.

"That's Ginny's mom.... She would've been next." Skye looked at the file, reading something about a gang, other criminal activities, the mentions of Georgia being suspected to have killed her ex-husband Kenny. "We can't let anyone see that." She moved to the fireplace, turning it on, throwing the folder in there.

"Why did you burn those?" Nick asked her, confused.

"You saw what the file said, not going to let Ginny lose her mom."

Nick smiled a little. "You care about her."

Skye glared at him. "I barely know her or the rest of the group. I know what it's like to lose someone you care about." She looked at the box, seeing an envelope filled with cash, looking through it. "This has got to be a couple thousands dollars." Skye grabbed the box and brought it upstairs to her room, the gun included and went back downstairs, seeing that Joshua was now ready too. "Time to go to school."

They dropped of Charlie at school first, at lunch Skye was greeted by MANG as soon as she entered the cafeteria.

"Haven't seen you in a couple days." Abby spoke, looking at her curiously.

"Been pretty busy, moving in with the Evans family." Skye then added with a grin. "So it's Evans now, not Sanchez."

"The adoption came through?" Max asked surprised.

"My mom convinced Paul to help out." Ginny told them, earning a smile from Skye.

"So the sophomore sleepover is tonight." Norah spoke and looked at Skye. "We've decided on wearing PJ pants and matching shirts."

"Cool, I'm just gonna go with sweats and a simple shirt." Skye chuckled. She barely knew the girls, so she didn't want to go with matching outfits.

"You can go with us, I mean since you live in the same street." Ginny spoke with a smile, earning a nod from Skylar.

"Georgia is coming too, god she's so hot." Max chuckled and went silent when she received a small glare from Ginny.

Skye laughed and looked at them. "I mean Max is right." She then looked at her phone, texting someone, earning Max's attention.

"Who are you texting? A special someone?" Max asked her, curiously.

"His name is Jake, my boyfriend from back home... well my old home." Skye told them.

"You have a boyfriend?" Abby asked, she seemed disappointed.

Skye raised her eyebrow. "Well, he's actually my ex, we broke up... Because of me moving away. I mean I don't do long distance." She pulled up a phone, showing them a picture.

Norah looked up at a guy approaching them. "The distance doesn't seem that long to me."

Skye frowned, looking back. "Jake? What are you doing here?"

Nick approached them, a smile on his face as he hugged the guy. "Jake man! Long time no see!" Nick looked at the girls. "This is Jake, he was my best friend, when I still lived in the Netherlands."

"I just transferred here, wanted to finish my senior year here, since I want to go to Harvard after." Jake told them, glancing at Skye, who was looking down at the table.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Skye asked him.

"I wanted to surprise you." Jake smiled and quickly added, catching Nick looking at him. "And Nick of course."

"That is so romantic." Ginny spoke, smiling.

Nick paused. "Romantic?" He looked at Jake, glaring. "Really? From all the people you end up dating.... My little sister?"

"I'm sorry man, we got really close after you left." Jake started and was cut off by Nick.

"Oh when she was 14 huh... You were 16." Nick crossed his arms, he's always been protective over his sisters. Definitely over Skylar now, that he got her back, after what she went through.

Skye looked at them and quickly changed the subject. "So the sophomore sleepover, I am looking forward to it."

Nick shook his head and walked away. Skye waited for Nick to be out of their sights and got up, moving to Jake and softly kissing him on the lips.

The boys joined them for lunch, Hunter sitting next to Ginny, Jordan next to Norah. Press and Brodie joined them as well.

Press spoke up. "You move fast, you've been at the school for what? 2 weeks now?"

Jake pulled away and glared at him.

Skye rolled her eyes at Press, she couldn't take the guy serious, he was a douchebag. "Actually, we've been together for 2 years, he's from my old school, just transferred here." She introduced everyone to each other. Jake was shooting Press glares in between conversations.