Episode 9: Truth or Lies

Ayanokoji PoV

Truth or Lie....

Everybody showed looks of dread, the mere title of the game sounds completely innocen similar to that of a mere children's game. But everyone knew that ' innocent games' are the last thing you should expect from Director Lumine.

" I'll begin the explanation," Lumine announces with a tint of her signature excitement within her golden eyes as she continued, " The game is relatively simple and incredibly short! I'm confident that we can finish it today!" She starts.

" Anyway, the game goes like this; There will be 5 rounds, and in each rounds, one student from each class will step up to the plate according to my personal selection. Once they are on the plate, then I will either state a lie or a truth that's related to the students selected. For example," 

She points to me with a look I wasn't comfortable with. This was intentional. Everybody turned to me.

" I will pick Ayanokoji Kiyotaka of Class D to step up to the plate. And I will state a truth or a lie......hmm....let's see..." She begins thinking, but we both knew that she already had an example in mind the moment she selected me.

" Ah, I got it!" Her expression lights up.

" Truth or Lie:  Ayanokoji Kiyotaka was born from a secret facility in which they mold young, weak, and talentless children into the ' perfect' masterpiece of a human being. To possess knowledge and strength that is equal to or succeeds past those of prodigies or ' natural genius'. "

The room was silent....

I felt a certain gaze on me. But I didn't dare attempt to see who it was, for I am currently trying to keep my calm as much as possible. This wasn't part of the deal, and that was the problem. I should've added the agreement in which my past may not be used by her however she pleases, even if it's a mere example that these students are unbeknownst to.

This was still a big risk. And this woman loves taking risks....

" Huh? That's false obviously!" Yahiko loudly stated.

" Yeah, I'm with Yahiko on that one. Even if it's an example, that's just unbelievable! I mean, it's like a backstory for a manga mc!" Another person added.

Everyone listened to their words and turned to Lumine to also share their disagreement, brushing away such a ridiculous ' question' regarding a guy like me. Lumine smiled,completely amused, her eyes glanced straight at mine for a few seconds and in her gaze I understood her message.

' Don't worry, I know what I'm doing.' That's the message she gave me through her gaze alone.