S2. Episode 7: A different ' him'

Nagumo PoV

( 3 am )

" Nagumo? What are you doing here?" Kazumi inquired as I approached the three of them. Her, Ichinose, and Kiyotaka. They were just about to leave for the airport.

" Senpai? Come to to say farewell to us?" Ichinose smiles.

I ignored the both of them and headed straight to Kiyotaka. There was something I wanted to give him before we part temporarily. I can feel Ichinose and Kazumi's curious gazes staring holes behind my back as I neared my target. Kiyotaka notices me and lets go of his bag, hearing it plop on the ground next to him as he turned to me with a questioning gaze.

" Miyabi-senpai. " He greets me.

" Kiyotaka," I stopped in front of him. I looked towards the car behind him before shifting my gaze back to him. " Apologies for slightly delaying your departure, but I have something I'd like to give you as a parting gift."

He cocks a brow and tilts his head silently waiting.

I took something out from my pocket, his eyes widened a bit in recognition of the thin object. I showed it to him and his gaze lingered on it in confusion before shifting back to me.

" The King of Spades? You're going to give that card to me?" He asked.

I nodded and handed it to him. He accepted it and glanced at it before he looked back to me again. " Why?" He had asked.

" Because....." I released a sigh before continuing, " Do you know the reason you lie to yourself?" I asked.

" Because I am dissatisfied with who I am." he answered. It was the right answer. No, it was the only answer we both knew.