S2. Episode 10: The Third Game...

Ichinose PoV

" Honami! It's been quite a while since your last visit. How are things going--"

" Mistress, I want to know something. How did he do it?"

I stared into her golden-colored pair of eyes. She smiles and beckons me closer, to which I responded accordingly and walked closer to her. She presses a button the remote and a video starts playing, it showed an interaction between three unusual people;

Chabashira Sae, teacher of the recently promoted Class C.

My teacher, Hoshinomiya Chie.

And last but not least....

Ayanokoji...

But as I carefully observed the footage. Something was definitely off with Ayanokoji's expression, it was awfully fake, similar to mine. There was unfortunately no audio from the footage, so I was left to guess what they were talking about, but any person can determine that Ayanokoji manipulated both teachers into doing his bidding just from the video alone.

" Something interesting must've happened back at London for him to change acts just like this." I hear Lumine say with amusement, " Haah~ Finally! The monster is coming out to play!"

"..."

" Honami~? You okay there? Or are you perhaps getting cold feet?"Lumine teases me, poking her head into my field of vision.

I simply smiled. She couldn't have been ever more wrong.

" No, mistress." I turn to her with my sincerest smile. " This is going to be exciting for you, especially. You plan to announce the third game later on, correct? I don't know what game it's going to be, but I can guarantee that it'll be an entertaining show. Especially when I plan to defeat him thoroughly." I said.

She laughs, patting my back. " Hahaha! I'll look forward to that then~!" She says that, acting like she really believes in me, but in reality she always thought otherwise.

Mistress sees this boy as something else. An unpredictable show. Deep down, she truly thinks that I stand no chance against him if he really does end up being serious in the war. And perhaps I share the same sentiment, but that's because beating him was never my goal to begin with.