S3. Episode 1: The line between Ally and Foe

Suzune PoV

" There you are, Suzune-chan. I've been searching for you everywhere!" I hear Kikyo's voice as her footsteps began nearing.

Eventually, she arrived next to me and began leaning eagerly against the rails. Releasing a joyous sigh as her eyes glistened more than usual while watching the ocean view. I had to admit it myself, that the ocean was a nice change of pace. 

Being in that school....it was suffocating.

Of course, we're yet to escape this hell. This is still within that damned director's rule. But deep down...

I don't intend to escape this hell.

Not until I find Nagumo Miyabi and kill him. Not until I achieve revenge for my older brother.

But I can't ever reveal my ulterior motives to the class. It'll be detrimental to our morale, and we've already lost too much of it. I can't escalate it any further and I must do my best to ensure their freedom....because that's the role I was given as ' leader'.

Leader.....I can't imagine myself in that role. With him around.....I'm nothing more than a shadow, or perhaps the term ' puppet' is more suitable.

" Hey, what are you thinking inside that of yours, Suzune-chan?" Kikyo interrupts my inner monologue. Her head peeked unto the utmost side of my vision, begging for my attention.

I heaved a sigh, leaning my cheek on my palm.

" Nothing."

" That's a lie. Please tell me the truth?" She quickly calls out.

I smiled softly. There was one good thing that came out of this living nightmare, and that is my mended relationship with Kikyo. It's the only good thing going for me and I pray it stays that way.

" Fine," I surrender. " It's just....." My other hand tapped on the railing.