The One

Today Elton and I headed to his recording studio. He had been working on a album before he left for rehab, but he never got to finish the last song.

"After you!" Elton said opening the door to the studio.

"Thank you!" I said as we walked in. John was there. Luckily he kept his distance from me and Elton and stayed in his office. Just then a man walked in.

"Hey Elton!" The man said shaking Elton's hand.

"Ah Jim, hey! Bloody hell,it's been a bit huh?" Elton replied back. The man nodded.

"Yeah it most currently has. And who's this young fellow?" He asked looking at me with a warm smile.

"Jim, this is my new boyfriend, y/n. He is here for support today, you know that way I can finish the album and start the new tour in a few days!" Elton said with a slight grin. Jim shook my hand warmly.

"Well then, hello and welcome! Shall I put some tea on before we start?" Jim asked. I nodded with a smile.

"Sure!" I said.

"Actually, a spot of tea would do me fancy yes." Elton added. Jim smiled and then walked into one of the other rooms. Elton went ahead and set up his piano and his mic. Jim came back a few minutes later with the tea. We all drank it before Elton went back in his studio and Jim started rolling the tap.

"I saw you dancin' out the ocean
Runnin' fast along the sand
A spirit born of earth and water
Fire flyin' from your hands
In the instant that you love someone
In the second that the hammer hits
Reality runs up your spine
And the pieces finally fit" Elton sang.

I stood behind the glass with Jim. Elton kept singing.

There are caravans we follow
Drunken nights in dark hotels
When chances breathe between the silence
Where sex and love no longer gel, oh
For each man, in his time, is Cain
Until he walks along the beach
And sees his future in the water
A long, lost heart within his reach" Elton sang once more.

A few minutes had pasted, and now Elton was almost to the end of the song and I couldn't help but admire how amazing his voice was. Even after his voice surgery a few years before. He always sounded great. He bags singing the final line of the song.

"All I ever needed was the one
Like freedom fields, where wild horses run
When stars collide like you and I
No shadows block the sun
Oh, you're all I ever needed
Ooh, baby, you're the one...." Elton sang.

He continued playing the paino for a few more seconds before Jim cut the tape and Elton let out a sigh.

"How was that?" He stud up from his piano and grabbed another cup of tea from one of the near by tables.

"Bueatiful. Was that what Bernie was talking about a few days ago when he said he had the percent finally song?" I asked. Elton nodded.

"Yeah.... I wrote it just for you." Elton said. He walked out of the studio and into where me and Jim were on the other side of the glass.

I patted the seat next to me on the couch. Elton sat there with me and we listened to the recording.

"It's perfect." Jim said. We all worked on editing the song a little bit before placing the tape with the others. The album was supposed to be released in 2 days, but since Elton went to rehab unexpectedly and all, he was kind of pushing it to get it released. I had the idea of having Elton's next tour having the songs from the album be played at it. That way it would give us a few more days before the albulm had to get released.

A few minutes later Elton and I decided to head home. Elton owned a lot of homes all over the world, but there was only one specific place me and Elton called our true home. It was his mansion in London. I had only gotten to see one of Elton's other homes so far. Elton didn't really use his our homes. He just had them so when he was in your he had a place he could stay while he was in that area.

"You alright?" Elton asked.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit nerves for your concert in a few days you know?" I said.

"Hey don't worry, no one could ever replace you. Plus you and Bernie both will be back stage with me, and you'll get to see me play. I'll never leave you darling. I love you my tiny dancer, you know that." Elton said smiling. I leaned in and we kissed warmly.

"Thank you. I love you too my rocketman." I whispered in his one ear before hitting it. Elton chuckled.

"Now now, we save that bit till we're home yeah?" Elton asked. I laughed grinning.

"Yeah alright " I replied. We kissed once more before getting in Elton's Rolls Royce and heading off.