Rocketman

The next morning I was awoken to the sound of foot steps out side of me and Elton's bed room door.

It was still dark out. I rolled over rand checked the clock. It read 4:47 am.

I got up slowly, making sure not to wake up Elton, before creeping out of our room and looking around. Just then I noticed a dark figure at the end of the hall making it's way down the steps. I followed them down the steps.

I kept following them.

"Hey, what are you doing awake?" I said. My eyes had finally adjusted to where I could see who the firgure was. It was Chelsea's son, Jesse.

"Oh sorry your name, I just couldn't sleep I guess..."

I walked over to the couch and asked if he wanted to join me. He agreed and sat down. I decided to turn a small lamp on and switch the TV on. I made sure the volume was low so we wouldn't wake anyone else up.

"Well then, what would you like to watch?" I asked handing him the remote.

He flipped throught the channels before picking to watch "MTV".

"So your into music too huh?" I whispered with a smile.

"Guess you could say that yeah."

I smiled.

"Well... What else are you interested in?" I asked. He turned to face the TV.

"Im really interest in space. I would love to be a rocketman. You know, work for NASA. " He said.

I nodded.

"Really?" I asked.

He nodded. His eyes were bright green and his hair was a very light blonde. I had gotten to talk to him and the rest of his family the day before. Jesse was 14. About to turn 15.

"Jesse... What's the real reason you are awake so early?" I asked. He looked at the floor for a long second.

"I'm not really sure. I guess I just can't comprehend all that's going on. Thanks for making mother's dreams come true, I just... I don't know... "

I started at him.

"Look, it's alright if you don't want to talk right now... How about we just listen to the music that the TV is playing... Yeah?" I said giving him a slight smile. He smiled back and nodded before looking back down.

"Ooo! I love this song!" He said looking back up with a preppy expression on his face. It was Eltons song "rocketman"

I stud up and reached into the living room closet. I grabbed a rainbow feather scarf our and tied it around my neck before sliding on one of Elton's pink diamond glasses. I shut the closet door slowly making sure to not wake anyone up and then looked at Jesse before singing quietly in a joking tone.

I strutted around the living room like a diva. Jesse laughed. I put my hand out offering him the chance to join me. He excepted and grabbed a purple feather scarf from the closet along with a silver princess looking crown.

"ROCKETMAN! BURNING OUT HIS FUSE UP HERE ALONE!" We whisper shouted.

Just then we heard footsteps making there way down the steps.

"What are you guys doing awake? You'll wake up the whole bloody street!" It was Kiki!

"Hehe sorry!" I said nervously. Kiki laughed a little.

"No no y'all are fine. Anyhow mind if I join y'all?" She said with a smirk. She had obviously been watching me and Jesse run around like maniacs in feather scarfs.