.:Chapter 60:.Two Birds, No Stone, Please Don't Kill My Birds.

For the past few weeks, George hasn't gone out— he always declined when Dream asked him if he wanted to at least take a stroll in the park or, to go and get coffee together like they always used to.

Or sit together on the rooftop of old rusty buildings and watch the city lights and stars at night. But it seems like George isn't willing to go out after what happened.

He hasn't shown up at the cafe nor has he asked if he could. Karl's worried about his mental state and tried to talk to his best friend but George again refuses to go out or talk to anyone in their small friend group.

He's always been asleep, or reading books in the library, or watering the flowers in the garden, or just...Wandering around.

Sometimes, Dream wonders what goes on in George's mind.

Here he goes again, out the kitchen at 8 am to go to the library and read another book— dream doubts he hasn't read all the books in the library already, counting on how many times he visits the old echoey room.

Dream takes a sip of his coffee as he watches the brunet leave. Normally he doesn't drink coffee in the morning unless he wants to relax his mind and maybe take a nap since caffeine always takes the opposite effect on him. He hums, placing the mug in the sink and leaving the kitchen to start his day, it's not like he has work to do, another break won't hurt much.

It's just. It hasn't been the same?... I don't know. They don't talk a lot, it's kind of awkward, to say the least. Yeah, they sleep in the same bed and sometimes cuddle, but their conversations haven't been the same. No laughs, no smiles, no teasing, no jokes. Just "How are you?" Or "how's your day?"

There are kisses, they still do show love to one another, but not interacting so much feels like they know less than when they used to talk.

Dream thinks if he's done anything bad since he's always the cause of the relationship falling. George tells him "no." and it's both of them that need sorting out, but the blond still feels it's like always his fault and that he needs to get his shit together.

Here Dream goes again, following after the brunet to sit and read the book he always reads in the old library, or walk around in the garden and lay in the grass as George waters the flowers and sometimes offers to help, or fall asleep on the couch together and wake up at 5 PM.

Dream opens the loud big brown door decorated with gold, George lifts his gaze from the book and looks at the blond startled. Dream closes the door behind him and goes to sit next to his boyfriend, their legs touch slightly as he continues to read his book silently.

At this point, they just enjoy each other's company in silence, Dream hopes George still loves him.

He scoots his chair close and settles his head on the brunet's shoulder, and continues to read the book with him "What are you thinking about?" George blurts out and leans his head as well, with a small surprised smile, he replies "Nothing."

It's wonderful to know that he still knows whenever the blond is worried or thinking too much, considering they don't really talk much these weeks.

Butterflies shoot in Dream's stomach just like when they did when he first saw the brunet in the cafe.

He thinks back to that moment with a smile.

"I love you."

A chuckle erupts from George.

"I love you more."

It's been a while since those three words were said and Dream smiles again. Yeah. He's gone soft. He's a big softie.

George smiles "Why are you smiling like that?" he laughs quietly "I'm just happy." He admits shyly, more quieter than usual "to be here, " he continues and feels the brunets soft gaze on him "with you."