CHAPTER 29

The heartbeats, the pain, the freedom, the like, the love... It was all because of Kris.

__

I hid my hands inside the pocket of my hoodie while walking inside the ASU. I got a text from my Mom that she wants to meet me because we haven't talked for awhile now. I just finished working out after my classes to let off some steam.

"Gayle." A car honked, stopping beside me. It was my father.

"Yes Dad?"

"Tell your Mom I need to talk to her." he didn't bother to wait for my response. He closed the window of his car and proceeded to the parking lot.

I let out a deep sigh and swallowed hard. Until now, I know he's still mad at me and his reason remains a mystery. I kept on finding where I went wrong and trying my best to earn his forgiveness.

Just as my mom instructed, I went straight to the dance hall and didn't bother to knock. I opened the door and got a little surprised because of the students sitting on the floor. I didn't expect students here, I thought it was just my Mom.

She didn't even inform me about this.

"Mom, Dad wanted to see you outside for a moment." I informed my mom as soon as I got closer to her.

She excused herself and asked me to continue their attendance checking. I took the list from her and started to call names.

"Kris Faviola Muran." I called, not lifting my gaze to any of them.

"P-Present po. M-Miss, ma'am..." the tiny voice coming from the crowd caught my attention. My brows furrowed a little when our eyes met. She sounded very formal with a little confusion. Her voice... was so intimidating.

I was looking directly in her eyes but I magically memorized the detail of her face. Her thick, perfect eyebrows, long straight eyelashes, captivating hazel eyes, and pinkish soft lips.

I secretly pinch my arms to bring back my senses. "It's Ma'am."

"P-Present po Ma'am Serva-"

"Ma'am Gayle. Call me Ma'am Gayle so I won't be confused especially when I'm with my Mom '' I said with authority. The whole room became quiet and everyone focused their eyes on me.

I saw how her lips pouted before I moved my eyes to the paper I was holding.

For some reason, I did not like how our first encounter went. She bothers me without even doing anything and even though I am looking at my phone, I know what she was doing in front of me. I can see her through my peripheral vision.

What surprised me the most was how well she knew how to handle the situations. I was relieved when she told me that she did not hear any conversation between me and my dad and ended up getting caught lying.

I became interested. I'll admit that. How come someone sounds intimidating just by talking? She's not aware of how she affects people around her and how well known her name is inside the school.

"Come on, Gayle. Just one body shot!" Hiyaw ng mga kaibigan ko. Forcing me to do the body shot. I can do it though, I just don't want to because I know someone's looking. I believe she's just eighteen. How come na nakapasok siya sa Bar D'Montero?

Para sa ikatatahimik ng lahat, tumayo ako at saka kinuha ang tequilang inaalok nila upang gawin iyon. It wasn't my first time doing the body shot but it was my first time doing it while fucking trembling.

"You look nervous, gorgeous." The stranger commented. I rolled my eyes at him. Whatever.

Nang ibalik ko ang mga mata sa gawi niya ay natigilan ako. She was right there... talking to someone I know. I clenched my fists when I saw them laughing at each other.