Returning Home

As JoLynn looked out the window at the evergreen trees, she started to get nervous. What would it be like to return to her original pack? Would it be as horrible as when she left at barely 10 years old? She only hoped now that she was almost 18, and actually grown into her body, the tormenting would end finally.

JoLynn was the daughter of the Beta Kendrix Emil Masters and sister to the future Beta Lane Kendrix Masters, damn those who wanted to keep her away and make her life hell. Jo's parents had always wanted to defend her but she refused to use the power her father had. They made the hard decision of letting her go live with her maternal grandparents at the Glacier Lake Pack, knowing it was the only way to make her happy.

"You ok over there? Want the window open?" asked Drake, a warrior from the Glacier Lake Pack. He had been coming to Gray Mountain anyways to visit his sister and new nephew. Her Uncle Jackson, the Alpha of Glacier Lake, had asked if Jojo could tag along. That way there was someone to keep her safe and her mother could focus on her brother's return and Beta ceremony.

"I'm fine Drake. Thank you so much for driving me again." She went ahead and rolled down the window though, hoping the cool air would help calm her down. The cool mountain air hit Jo's flushed face and instantly brought a calm over her. Home.

"I know you had issues here before, but I hope the prospect of being with your family again is at least a little happy," he stated.

"Here is hoping the fact I finally grew into my tall, skinny body will keep the evil she-wolf bitches quiet," JoLynn replied.

"Well I have watched you grow up these last 8 years and I'm pretty sure you could kick all their asses now!" laughed Drake. He turned off the highway onto the forest road to access the pack lands.

Jojo snorted. "Thanks Drake. For the boost to my confidence, and helping me train so much these last 4 years."

They rode the remainder of the way in silence. At the pack gate, the warriors waved them on. Alpha Alexander or her father must have told the guards they were arriving today. Once at the pack house, she grabbed her bags and headed straight to the 4th floor looking for her parents. JoLynn's aunt had helped her send a couple boxes of her stuff, so she was hoping her room was ready to go.

"Mama?" JoLynn called once she reached our family's floor.

"Ahhh! Jojo my baby is home!" yelled her mother Aspen. She came around the corner from the small kitchen they had on the Beta floor. Most pack members just did everything in the pack house kitchen, but Aspen enjoyed baking and making her pups special meals on their birthdays. She asked to have a small kitchen added onto the floor when her father took over as Beta.

"Mom I'm the middle child, you still have 2 other babies after me."

"Yes but your younger brothers are stinky boys and you are my baby girl."

Jojo laugh to herself. Aspen was always this way. Her brother Lane had a fraternal twin sister, Leisha, but Jojo had always been her baby girl. Not to say their mother didn't love all of them equally, but Lane and Leish always had a stronger bond with their father.

"Did my boxes arrive yet?" Jo asked.

"Yes, got here yesterday and I already put everything away for you. I also had the omegas freshly wash the clothes you put in them. They had an odd smell from the boxes," Aspen stated.

"Thank you mommy!" Jojo kissed her cheek and headed straight to her room. She was down at the end of the hallway by the back staircase. Her room was quiet with a large window that opened to let in lots of fresh air. She often slept with her window open because of her love of the cool mountain breeze on her face. She went inside and unpacked the remainder of her clothes and toiletries. After everything was away, JoLynn laid down after the long drive. Hoping to get a little shut eye before dinner. Tomorrow was going to be a long day and she wanted to be well rested for her brother's return.