Rogues

Grayson shifted into Max the second he walked out the back of the packhouse, knowing it was the fasted way to get to the border.  They hadn't had an attack in years, most rogues knew it was best to stay away from his pack.  They had rogues before come to them looking to join their pack, and they had all fit into their pack perfectly.  Something was definitely not right with this situation; he just had to remember JoLynn was safe locked in her room.  He didn't want to think the mutilated goat and the rogues had anything to do with each other, but Gray was smarter than that.  

He was running towards the eastern border as fast as Max could go, Cole opened a link with him and Lane.

Alpha, we have a situation developing on the western border now.

Go to the western border, we will handle the last 3 over here and head that way. 

Thank goodness for Lane is all Grayson could think, changing directions towards the western border now.  

You realize they are trying to divide our defenses, we can't play into them.  

I know Max, I'm not an idiot.  Lane can handle himself, Cole said situation not rogues so that has me worried.

If someone is threatening our mate again, I will rip them limb from limb.

Nothing will happen to our mate, we would die before we let that happen.

Grayson came towards the clearing where Cole was standing with 2 patrolmen, in front of a mutilated body tied to a post.  He couldn't see what the body looked like at first, just that it was in a human form.  Once he was next to Cole, his heart nearly stopped.  If it wasn't for the body smelling like a rogue, he would have sworn it was Jojo on the post.  She was on the taller side like his mate, with longer curly blonde hair and pale skin.  She also had pale blue eyes like JoLynn, but not as piercing as hers.  They were staring at him, with the look of horror in them.  

"Someone is a real sick mother fucker to do this to a body," said Cole.  He turned towards the patrolmen, "go get a shovel so we can bury her and let her soul rest peacefully."  

"Yes Gamma," they stated in unison.  

Grayson stepped closer to the body, noticing they had stripped her naked and used a dagger slice her body up.  It had to have been a silver dagger because there was no signs of her wolf even attempting to heal her.  "Link them to bring a cloth to wrap her in as well, give her some dignity.  I'm going to start untying her from the post."

He took the blood-soaked rope off her legs and then reached up to take the rope from around her neck.  As Gray was gingerly laying her body down on the grass, a note with his name fell to the ground from behind her.  This confirmed it was not just a random act and was connected to the butchered goat they found.  After checking to make sure there was no signs of life, he began to read the note while they buried the innocent young girl.

'You didn't listen to what I told you and leave my mate alone.  She didn't listen either when I told her she belonged to me. Because of this I had to let my frustrations out on someone who looked like her.  The blood of this innocent girl is on yours and JoLynn's hands.  Maybe this time you will listen and reject my mate.  If you refuse again, this will not end well for you Alpha.  You will be dead and she will still be mine, even if I have to force her. I WILL HAVE HER!'

Rage radiated off Grayson.  He wanted blood and now.  How dare someone threaten his mate and claim them as their own.  Though he would have never admitted it before, especially because she was like a little sister to him, but he somehow knew she was always his.  Even when she had moved to Glacier Lake, there was something always telling him she would be back.

"I am going to guess that note isn't a nice one saying the girl died of natural causes," Cole questioned sarcastically.  Gray shoved the note in front of Cole to take and proceeded to punch the post repeatedly to release his anger.  It was a good thing he was a werewolf and Alpha at that, or he would be in a lot of pain.  

Cole let him get his anger out and sent the patrol to check the other parts of the border after the body was buried.  He had already told Lane they had everything handled here, so Lane took care of the eastern border clean-up. Grayson stopped punching the post and turned to Cole, "I want this sick fuck dead!"

"I will make sure you get that chance Alpha, but right now we need to come up with a game plan.  Are you ready to loop Lane into everything?  Do we want to tell Jojo that she is being threaten? What about including the former Alpha and Beta?"  

Cole brought up good points, but at this point Gray didn't want anyone else knowing about this.  He knew his mate was enjoying some time just the 2 of them and he trusted Cole to keep her safe. Lane would be infuriated with him once he found out he kept it from him, but he would get over it.  He would understand in the end that it was all meant to keep Jo, their future Luna and his favorite sister, safe.  

"I don't want to include Lane, or our fathers yet.  I need to just think and process for a day before I decide.  Just keep an eye on Jojo like you have been, and keep her in the dark still.  I do want us to contact other packs and see if they have any increase in rogue activity.  Or if they have any dead bodies like this."

"Ok, I'll keep watching over the Luna and wait for you to decide what you want to do.  Let me know which of the packs you want me to contact."  

"Thank you for keeping her safe, I am able to concentrate on what I need to knowing you are keeping an eye on her." Gray ran his fingers through his hair and let out a groan, "I'm going to head back to my office and start looking over old records and get communications out to the other packs."

They parted ways, Cole finishing his rounds for the evening and Grayson going straight to his office.  He knew he had to link Jojo to let her know he was ok but he needed to take a moment to calm down.  Taking the stairs three at a time to reach the top floor, he was in his office in no time.  He put the newest note with the other one in his locked drawer, he didn't need Lane or someone else finding them on accident.  

Grayson pulled up the patrol schedules on his laptop and quickly added more shifts to the borders and upped the amount of warrior trainings.  He had to make sure it was subtle so it didn't raise suspicion, Lane was very schedule oriented so he would notice if the changes were too extreme.  Before he knew it, his 5 a.m. alarm was going off and he hadn't linked Jojo yet.  

My love I'm sorry I didn't link you sooner, I have some things I need to take care of still.  I just wanted to tell you I am fine and that I love you.   

Oh Goddess Gray, you scared the crap out of me.  

Whoops, I wasn't even thinking if you were asleep.

I had just barely fallen back asleep, I was trying to stay up to hear from you but finally lost the battle.  Is everything ok now?

We have a few things to look into but there is no immediate danger at this point.  Your brother had basically everything handled by the time I got out there.  

Well I am glad no one was hurt or anything.  Are you going to bed?  Should I join you?

As tempting as that is my not so innocent mate, I have things I need to handle and will be in my office most of the day.  You go back to sleep and I will link you later if I can get away with you.

Mmmmm...ok I will go back to sleep.  

I love you my Luna.

I love you my Alpha.