New Gamma

Grayson popped another chocolate chip cookie in his mouth, savoring every bit of it.  It was a wonderful surprise to come into his office today and see a basket full of fresh baked cookies with a note.

~Here are some Thank You cookies for my wonderful, amazing mate. ~Your Jojo

He could get used to having cookies every morning, especially because JoLynn did such a good job.  He still wasn't sure what she was thanking him for, but he didn't care he was too busy eating. Whatever it was, he would make sure he did it again.

Gray got back to work reviewing spreadsheets and scheduling. Their new systems seem to be more effective and have even increased productivity at some of the packs businesses. People weren't having to go through as many paper files to find items. He wanted to get through these all today because tonight he would be participating in his love's first shift. Gray wanted to be able to enjoy the run and relax with his mate after instead of worrying about pack business. Maybe even take Sunday to just relax by the creek and enjoy his beautiful, sexy mate.

He was still on edge after the note and mutilated goat body they found.  Gray wasn't able to find any further information on who may have done it, the guards were unable to find any evidence.  He felt he was going to have to get some information out of JoLynn about this teasing and harassment from her childhood.  He wondered if somehow it may have been linked but she was adamant that she would handle it.  Maybe he could get a little more info out of Lane, but he would have to reveal what happen the other night and he wasn't ready to.  

Cole should be arriving today, maybe he knew something from before and could help him investigate.  Luckily Cole was always nice to JoLynn and cared for her like a little sister, so he knew he could trust him.  

Grayson's train of thought was interrupted by a knock on his office door.  "Come in."

"Hey Bro, wanted to check in and make sure you didn't need me to help with the pack paperwork," asked Lane.

"Actually it would be a huge help for you to verify the spreadsheets for the security firm.  So far all the other businesses are showing increases of productivity and that the new systems are a huge help.  I just want someone else to check to make sure I'm not missing something."

"I doubt it, I stopped by there the other day and the front desk girls said for the first time in probably a year all their filing was completed and they already had all the new contracts prepped and ready for signing."  Lane grabbed the spreadsheet off his desk, along with one of Grayson's cookies and started reviewing the papers.  

"Dude, what the hell!? I asked you to review paperwork not steal my cookies." Grayson moved the basket of cookies closer to him and just outside of Lane's reach.

"Man, those are as good as mom's. Did she make you cookies and not me?"

"No, Jojo made them for me. A thank you for running with her the other day, and letting her win."  Grayson quickly covered the truth of what the cookies were for, a run was a believable thing too.  "She didn't think they would be as good as when our moms make them, but I personally think they are better."

"Agreed, but we can't tell our moms that."

********************************************

Cole parked his truck in front of the pack house, ready to head back to his old life.  He was excited to return to Gray Mountain and finally take his place next to his best friends.  His extended vacation was over and he was ready to grow-up and find his mate like his friends. 

Cole ran straight up to the 5th floor, hoping Grayson was in his office.  He knocked on the closed office door instead of just barging in.  

"Enter," replied Grayson.