Evil Returns

Flashback to 8 years prior...
"Jojo! Come out please so we can talk," yelled Lane.
She came out from behind the tree she was leaning against. Her face was covered in tears after yet another run-in with the evil she-wolves. They decided today to say there was no way the Moon Goddess would hate anyone enough to mate them with a tall, skinny, weak wolf like her. She wouldn't even mate a lame Omega to her. They finished it off with me living alone in a crappy cabin in the woods wishing I could have been mated to someone hot like Grayson or my brother.
"Lane please, I don't want to relive the whole thing all over again," she stated.
"If you would just let me confront the girls and put them in their place, this would all be over. Even better, let dad finally speak with their parents and put an end to this."
She wiped the tears away from her face and turned towards Lane, "you know I cannot do that. I can't exactly ask dad to confront Alpha Alexander about his daughter torturing me for the last 2 years. How about him going to his top warrior to say his daughter helps with the torment?"
"I know Jo, but you can't keep taking it from them," Lane pulled her into a hug, "I just worry about my baby sister."
"I will handle this please. I need to figure out how to defend myself and ignore the hate." Little did Lane know, JoLynn already had plans in the works. Tonight she was finally going to ask her parents to go live with her grandparents at Glacier Lake Pack. She felt the only way to finally be happy was to leave Gray Mountain, even if it meant leaving behind her family. Glacier Lake offered family. Her uncles were the Alpha and Gamma there. She would be safe there and could grow up with all her cousins. Maybe one day she would come back to her home when she was older and stronger.
"Ok Jojo. I love you...you're my favorite sister," said Lane. "Don't tell Leish please!"
"Your secret is safe with me."

*********************************************

JoLynn's lungs were filled with the fresh forest air, she had missed her pack lands. The woods had always been a special place for her. A place she could escape to, just relax and watch nature. This was also where she had most of her races against Lane and Gray. They would run from the edge of the tree line to the creek at the base of the mountain. She never officially won but she got so close once they just called it a three-way tie because they honestly couldn't tell who won.

She made the trek to the creek and chose a boulder to sit down on at the creek's edge. The rushing water helped to calm her anxious body. JoLynn wasn't sure why she was anxious as she was. Must have been the fact she was gaining her wolf at midnight tonight. While listening to the sounds of nature around her, she ate her small breakfast and dipped her toes in the water.

Before Jo knew it, she had to start heading back to the pack house. Jojo wouldn't dare be late when it came to helping Luna Everly and her mom with prep. They had a tendency to go above and beyond for celebrations, and she was sure today would be even more over the top. Not to say they didn't make all the celebrations special, but this was their first-borns, and Luna Everly's only son. JoLynn's mom was lucky enough to be stuck with two additional boys, but the Luna had only daughters after Gray.

As she entered the pack house, Jojo made her way to the great hall at the back of the house. It was a large room that covered the majority of the back of the house. It had large windows all along the back wall that overlooked the pond and green space behind the pack house. The room had been painted a light blue-gray with white trim and dark wood floors. The windows and french doors had floor to ceiling sheer white curtains and small potted trees filled the perimeter of the room.

Her mom was at the top of the ladder hanging curtain lights with the sheers, "Hey mama, what do you need me to do?"

"Oh Jojo, thank goodness you're here. Please hand me the next set of lights. Everly went to grab the other box and isn't back yet," replied her mom.
JoLynn slowly unrolled the curtain lights and handed them to her mom. "How many more do we have to hang mom? Do you want me to take over on the ladder?"

"Nope, I'm fine. We only have this last full length one and Everly is bringing the three short style for over the doors," replied Aspen. "After that, we mainly just have to arrange the tables, chairs and centerpieces. The kitchen omegas are taking care of the buffet table, so don't have to worry about that."

"Is that my little Jojo returned to our pack?" asked Luna Everly. "Oh, I'm so happy you're home!" She wrapped Jojo in her arms, squeezing her tightly.

"I'm happy to be home, Luna."

"JoLynn Aspen Masters, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Everly or Auntie?" asked Everly. "For goodness sakes girl, I changed your diapers and rocked you to sleep late at night."

"I'm sorry Auntie," she responded, "being away for so long, I wanted to be respectful of your position."

"Silly girl, you could be gone for decades and I would never expect you to call me Luna."

They finished up the lights and moved onto the arranging of tables. Before the women knew it, it was nearly five in the evening and they had added the finishing touches. "Mom, I'm headed up to take a short nap and start getting ready." JoLynn went up to her room and started to lay down when Lane walked in.

"Hey, there is my favorite sister in the whole world," Lane said, "I missed you so much!" He picked Jo up in a hug and spun her around. "Let's catch up some before we have to get ready."

"Ok, how was all the traveling?" she asked, "you didn't kill Grayson or anything now, did you?"

"Ha! No, we had a great time and learned a lot from the other packs. And, of course, we enjoyed some partying while we were out."

"Oh Laney, I can only imagine the partying you were doing," JoLynn stated, shaking her head.

Lane launched himself onto her bed, "you know me, fun is allowed until that mate is found!"

"Your mate is so lucky, whoever she may be."

They spend close to an hour catching up about all the things that have happened in the last year and a half. It was surprising how much the siblings actually had to talk about, since they spoke on the phone at least once a month. Lane went over some of the new fighting styles his travels taught him. Jojo asked him to do some training with her and show her the new styles. Lane asked about Jojo's graduation from school, since he missed it and if she was excited to shift.

"My friend Layla back at Glacier Lake said I shouldn't shift the first night. She used the night to get to know her wolf and cement their bond," she explained to Lane. "Layla said she wasn't afraid to shift when she did, she trusted her wolf fully. I think I am going to try that way too."

"It actually makes sense. I spent a lot of time the next day talking to Lex, but I was impatient and wanted to see my wolf."
"You never did like to wait," she replied. "Ok Laney, get out of my room so I can take my shower and get ready. Mom asked me to do something with my mass of hair and we all know that will take an hour by itself."

"I'm sure you will be your pretty self no matter what."

Lane left her room and she jumped into the walk-in shower in her bathroom. JoLynn had loved this shower, the waterfall shower head actually got her hair fully wet right away. With the thick, course, curly hair she had, it took forever for water to saturate it. She washed her hair and body, shaved all the important parts, and quickly shut off the shower. After drying off, she put on a sheer thong and strapless bra before walking to her closet to find her dress. Her mom picked me up a simple but elegant dress to wear tonight. A beautiful ice blue dress hung in the closet, a tight sweetheart top with a flowy skirt. It was full length with a slit that went almost to her hip, someone shorter it would maybe be mid-thigh. She put on a pair of strappy white sandals instead of heels. JoLynn was already one of the tallest females in the pack at 6 feet tall, she didn't need to make herself taller.

Back in the bathroom, she dried her hair part way, added like 8 different hair products to keep her hair normal looking and started to pin it up. Jojo started with a high ponytail, took her ringlet curls and pinned them around the ponytail. She finished it off with some hairspray and more bobbi pins to keep it in place. Added some light makeup so she didn't look too overdone, light gray eyeshadow with mascara and nude lipstick. JoLynn glanced at her clock and saw it was 8 o'clock and the party would be starting up.

She walked down the back staircase so she could sneak into the great hall undetected. As JoLynn made her way through the kitchen and into the side door of the great hall, she was feeling a little afraid of seeing people from her past. Tonight was about Grayson and Lane, so she was going to have to suck it up and get through tonight. Sadly, the world was against her as soon as she walked through the door and straight into Grayson's sister Delia.