Evil Still Evil

Delia turned to make a lap around the room, hoping to grab someone's attention. Lane should be walking in anytime now and she was bound determined to get him to pick her as his mate now that he's back to take over Beta. Delia could care less about fated mates, she would make sure she was his chosen mate and the Beta Female. There was one main thing that would be in her way and that thing walked right into Delia from the kitchen side door.

"So the rumors are true, pathetic excuse for a werewolf JoLynn is back from wherever she went to hide," Delia spat out. "Didn't you learn before that you don't belong here? You are nowhere as good as the rest of us. You are just some lame daughter of a Beta that was sent away because they were ashamed of you."

"Delia, I see you are still as horrible as ever," replied JoLynn. "I really don't have time for your childish teasing. This is Grayson and Lane's night, so how about you just leave me alone for tonight and we go our seperate ways?"

"Better yet, how about you leave now and go back to where you came from or become a rogue for all I care. Trust me, that is what will make the night better for Grayson and Lane. Pretty sure Lane doesn't want his deplorable little sister around on such an important night."

Delia could see JoLynn's lips quiver slightly as she held back tears. JoLynn turned around and walked out the back doors onto the patio. At least Delia got rid of her temporarily, now she would go find Lane and seduce him.

*********************************************

Why did she always let Delia get to her? JoLynn knew Lane didn't actually think she was deplorable, nor did he want her to leave. It was hard to ignore Delia's hateful words though. After running out onto the patio, she took several deep breaths to calm herself down and keep the tears at bay. It was the first day back and she was already letting Delia get to her, but she wouldn't let it scare her away this time.

"Hey baby girl, what are you doing out here?" said JoLynn's dad from the doorway.

"Just needed some fresh air dad. I will be back in shortly," she replied. He walked over to her and gave her a tight side hug while looking out over the pond.

"I am pretty sure it's more than that; being your dad, I am pretty good at reading you. I just hope you let me do something about it now. Don't forget, I am no longer Beta in like an hour, so I can just take care of the problem," Kendrix winked. Like he would ever actually harm anymore; her father followed the rules better than any wolf she had ever met.

"Sure dad, you're a real tough guy." He gave Jojo one last squeeze before heading back into the party.

JoLynn remained outside for a few more minutes until she noticed Lane was just inside the doors and returned to the party. "Getting anxious Beta Laney?"

"Really Jojo, can I have outgrown the nickname Laney already?" he responded.

"Nope, you will always be my big bro Laney. If I'm lucky enough to have pups, I planned on teaching them to call you Unkey Laney."

"Oh goody," he rolled his eyes. "What were you doing on the patio?"

"Run-in with Delia earlier, so I just needed to step out to calm my nerves."

Lane shook his head in disbelief, "she really doesn't know how to hold her tongue, does she?" He put his arm around his sister's shoulders and gave her a little hug. "Don't let it get to you Jo, she's just jealous."

They continued talking about anything and everything they could possibly think of. A couple of old classmates of JoLynn's stopped by to say they were excited to see her return. They also offered apologies for laughing at her when they were younger and participating in her teasing. JoLynn forgave them and said everyone makes mistakes followed by everyone hugging it out. It was wonderful to see not everyone was still a snotty b**ch like Delia.

It was only an hour until midnight and the actual ceremony would be happening soon. JoLynn started getting a weird feeling, like someone was staring at her and she was being drawn to them. While looking around to see who it was, her eyes locked with Grayson's and shivers ran down her spine. Why was Grayson staring at JoLynn so intently? It must have been since he hadn't seen her in so long; he probably didn't realize it was Jojo. He started to walk towards her when Alpha Alexander stepped forward.

"Everyone, we will be starting the ceremony now, so please have a seat," the Alpha's voice boomed. Grayson looked peeved at his dad for choosing right then to start the ceremony.

After locating a seat near the patio doors, JoLynn sat down and tried to ignore Grayson's line of sight. At least, being by the door, she could sneak out when it got near midnight. She didn't want to be around everyone when she gained her wolf. One of the pack elders started with a speech about Grayson and Lane growing up together; that sometimes the best of friends made the best pack leaders. These ceremonies always seemed to be the same, long and boring. They finally brought out the sacred goblet to drink from 5 minutes to midnight. JoLynn slowly crept out the back door and watched from outside. Her father went and stood up on the stage with Lane, they both cut their hands with the dagger and drank from the goblet. Lane was officially our pack's new Beta and Kendrix couldn't have looked prouder. Jojo started to feel a mild headache coming on and closed her eyes; she knew soon she would hear her wolf in her head. Looking back at the ceremony, JoLynn saw Grayson and his father, Alpha Alexander, cutting their hands with the dagger. Right as they were getting ready to drink from the goblet JoLynn got a sharp pain in her head. She started walking off to the woods to be alone, hoping the pain would pass fast.

Hello JoLynn, I am Lyra and yes the headache will lessen soon enough.

Wow, that is going to take some getting used to; it feels like I have a person trapped in my head. Lyra was right though, her headache was already almost fully gone.

I have been very excited to meet you. I believe we will have a great bond as human and wolf. And trust me, once we meet our mate it will be even more amazing.

That is if we meet our mate. The way the she-wolves talk about me, it will be the two of us dying alone in a cabin in the woods.

Oh trust me, I have a feeling we will meet our mate sooner than you think. And I know those other she-wolves are just jealous of who you are and how strong you will be.

Wait, we will meet our mate soon? Like they are apart of this pack?

Sweet girl, I am not going to ruin the surprise of the mate bond, but trust me when I say everything will be alright. Always put our trust in the Moon Goddess for she is the all-knowing.

JoLynn continued to walk in the woods for a short time, getting to know Lyra and what she could expect in the coming days. Lyra told Jo to never fear shifting because it was harder on the body if she was fearful and tense. To make sure she was fully relaxed and calm for the first shift, and the pain would be significantly less that way. JoLynn knew the party would be starting to die down soon, so she decided it was best to continue their communication in her room. If JoLynn was lucky enough, she could talk to Lane for a bit about Lyra before he went to bed.

Jojo began following the trail back to the pack house when she heard a twig snap, sending shivers all over her body.

**************************

After Grayson left the party, he was still too hyped and decided he needed a run to let off some steam. It was a fun and exciting night, but kind of odd when Grayson saw JoLynn. He felt drawn to her and he didn't know why. She looked amazing all grown up. She was still tall and skinny but had developed curves in all the right places. Her breasts were perky and nicely rounded; her tiny waist flared out to the perfect butt and hips. At one point, her piercing ice blue eyes locked onto Grayson's and he suddenly needed to be near her. This is of course, right when his father decided to start the ceremony. By the time all was said and done, she was no longer in the great hall. When he realized it was after midnight, he figured she had gone off to her room to meet her wolf.

Grayson went into the tree line to undress at one of the huts they had around the pack lands.  This allowed anyone to undress if they just wanted a quick run in wolf form, or somewhere to grab extra clothes if they needed them.  The breeze brought a light scent to Grayson's nostrils; a combination of citrus and fresh rain, his favorite scents.  Gray figured someone must be on the trails for a late night walk. Right as he rounded the corner to where he could see the trails, Gray's wolf, Max, tried taking over.

Mate! You must find our mate...we must mark her now!

What? Our mate is out... Gray trailed off his thoughts when he turned and saw her.  "Jojo," Grayson whispered before he went running and picking her up into his arms.

He grabbed Jo by her waist and pulled her into his body, taking her lips to his.  They kissed with such urgency, though she was hesitant at first.  Gray pulled away for a second to growl, "MINE!" and resumed kissing her.  His hands started to slide up and down her sides before he brought them down to her round butt and lifted her against him more.  She wrapped her legs around his waist and he could feel his erection getting harder as she pressed her core against his.  JoLynn moaned into his mouth when he started to squeeze her bottom while nipping her lip slightly.  Gray took a couple steps and finally rested her back against one of the trees.  They continued to assault each others' mouths before Gray broke away and started kissing and nipping down her neck.  Making sure to stop shortly at her marking spot to suckle on it for a bit. 

"Mmmmm, Gray," Jo moaned, "right there." He continued to lick, kiss, and nip at her neck while running his hands up her sides and cupping her breasts. When he started to pinch her n*pples in-between his fingers, Gray realized she had stiffened and was no longer moaning.

"Jojo, my sweet, what is wrong?"