My Mate, My Luna

"Jojo, my sweet, what is wrong?" asked Grayson.

JoLynn knew she shouldn't have let it get this far, it just felt so amazing she couldn't stop. Alpha Grayson was her mate; her brother's best friend since birth was her fated mate. His lips felt amazing against hers, they still tingled from their make-out session. Gray looked at Jo now with worry in his eyes, like maybe he had hurt her.

I told you our mate was close. Also, Max is super sweet and said Gray is very excited we are his mate.

You know you could have warned me our mate was GRAY!! she yelled back to Lyra.

"Alpha, we can't do this," JoLynn replied, "we shouldn't do this." She unwrapped her legs from his waist and he helped steady her back onto her feet.

"You know better than to call me Alpha my sweet, I've literally known you since birth," said Grayson. "Now, please tell me why we can't or shouldn't do this. You are my mate and the future Luna of this pack."

"First, you and my brother have literally been best friends since birth and he would freak out. Second, I just moved back to the pack after 8 years, so no way do I deserve to be Luna. And third, do you not remember why I left the pack in the first place? I was far from a favorite of the other she wolves in the pack, no way will they respect me." JoLynn made the mistake of looking into his green eyes and seeing pain in them. There was nothing more she wanted to do than kiss away the pain, but Jojo knew they would never work as mates. There was no way anyone would accept her as a Luna and there was no reason to drag this on.

"Well, my sweet Luna, I know Lane wouldn't care and would probably even be happy you found a mate who worshipped you," he said while lightly kissing her lips. His lips felt so amazing on hers, like they were meant to be together. "You were born to this pack and are my mate so you do deserve to be Luna. And it has been 8 years and I would hope the she-wolves would have grown up by now."

"Gray..." He silenced JoLynn by kissing her again, more passionately. He was going to make sure she knew she was meant to be with him, if it took everything.

"Better yet, just tell me who they were that disliked you so much before and I'll banish them from the pack," he giggled. "You are my fated mate, my future Luna, and the only one who truly matters."

"You know I can't do that, and this wouldn't work," she groaned, not wanting to do the next thing. She knew it was the only way because she couldn't be the Luna Grayson needed. She could not look at him or else she wouldn't say the words, her heart was telling her not to. Lyra was telling her not to, that Grayson and Max were meant for them and they needed them. JoLynn looked at her feet and took a deep breath. "I, JoLynn Aspen Masters, daughter of Beta Kendrix E-." Grayson cut off her rejection by smashing his lips against hers with such force.

He pulled away from JoLynn and looked deep into her eyes, "Please don't you dare say those words! You will not reject me JoLynn, not now, not ever. I will get down on my hands and knees right now to beg you to give us a chance. There will be no second chance mate for me, I decided a long time ago that whoever my fated was, I would dedicate myself to them. Luckily, the Moon Goddess is amazing and mated me to the most beautiful, amazing, and funny girl I know." He kissed her lightly on the lips, nose, neck, and back to the lips. "Please just promise me you will give us an honest chance."

His eyes were pleading with JoLynn, "Ok Grayson, I will give us a chance." His eyes glazed over as he was receiving a link, she waited for him to finish. "Is everything ok?"

"Yup, just Lane asking if I saw you out here while running. He was looking for you to see if your wolf had come yet."

"I have gained my wolf. Her name is Lyra. She told me that Max is a big sweetie and she was very happy."