The Other Mate

After speaking to Delia the other day, Keila started trying to come up with a strategy for getting JoLynn out of the pack. Her cousin, Macklin, was a warrior in the Glacier Lake Pack where JoLynn's uncle was the Alpha. It had been a while since they had seen each other. After her aunt, his mother, was killed, they didn't talk to him much, but Keila was sure he will help. She pulled out her cell and gave him a call.

"Hello?" answered Macklin.

"Hey Mack, it's Keila. Do you have a second to talk?" Keila replied.

"Hey cousin Keke, of course I have a second to talk. I'm on night patrol so I will be heading to bed in an hour to be ready for later. What's up with you?"

"Not much, but I am hoping you can help me with a problem that has come up here."

"Ooooo...I love solving problems, especially if I get to use my fists when I do."

Keila was trying to think of the best way to put this, just to make sure he would want to help and not think Delia needed to give up. She knew her aunt and uncle, Mack's parents, were fated mates and he had always liked the idea of meeting his mate as well. Maybe if she said Delia was Lane's mate he would be willing to help.

"My best friend Delia is having an issue with her mate and I'm hoping you can get me some help with her mate's sister. Delia is mated to our new Beta, Lane Masters, who is the nephew of your Alpha and Gamma. She had issues with his little sister when we were younger and now Lane will not mate with her. He is talking about rejecting her if Delia and JoLynn don't get along, so I'm hoping maybe you have some dirt on JoLynn from her time at Glacier Lake."

"You want me to get you dirt on my mate?" questions Mack.

"YOUR MATE???"

"Well, I know she will be my mate, but she left before her 18th birthday, so there was no mate bond yet. I have been in love with her since she was 15 years old and had just been waiting for her to come of age to mate with her. Do you know if she has shifted or anything yet? I know she turned 18 a few days ago."

"Wow, not how I was expecting this to go. I don't really understand what you see in her, but maybe we can come up with some idea to get her back to you."

"Let me check a few things here to see if I can get a few days off. Once I know when I can get out there, we can make a full plan then," Mack said.

"Ok, that sounds like a plan. Message me once you find out if you get the leave."

"Got it. Talk soon, Keke."

Keila ended the call with Macklin, feeling better that they could get JoLynn out of the way. She decide to go find Delia and tell her what was going on.

**************************************

My love how about we take a walk along the trails, just the 2 of us. Grayson linked.

Mmmm...I like the sound of that. I'll meet you at the forest edge in 10 minutes.

See you then, my sweet Luna. Perfect. Gray was excited to have some alone time with Jojo. They had an amazing night after her birthday dinner, but he had been so busy with Alpha duties the last 3 days he hadn't seen Jo at all. Gray had been dying to give her another earth-shattering orgasm. The night of her birthday, he had given her her first and second orgasm. Her legs shook uncontrollably the first time and the second time her legs held his mouth in place like a vice. Gray had been dreaming about that night ever since, anticipating the next time he would get a chance to be with her and taste her.

Grayson started to make his way towards the forest and trails from the warrior training building. He spotted JoLynn coming from the packhouse. She looked beautiful in a pair of denim capris, black tank top, and her black hiking sandals. Her hair in a high messy bun as always, even as kids she would do anything to keep her hair out of her face and contained. Grayson cannot understand how she didn't think she was drop dead gorgeous. How she never had a boyfriend at Glacier Lake Pack. He hated not understanding that part of her life. It was time to get to know more about his mate, or at least the part of her he missed out on.